Many people from disadvantaged and diverse backgrounds are interested in pursuing the study of music to realise their potential and achieve their goals.
As a result, we are delighted to announce the launch of our 2020 Bursaries aimed at championing diversity and supporting disadvantaged young people.
ICMP MUSIC BURSARIES 2020
Please note, applications for these bursaries are now open.
Please click on the relevant application form below.
Short Course Bursary
ICMP's Short Course Bursaries offer eligible students a financial contribution to overcome specific barriers to accessing our online courses.
Multiple bursaries apply for the following online courses starting in summer 2020
- Blues Rhythm Guitar 101
- Blues Guitar Styles
- Songwriting: The Basics
- Songwriting: The Creative Process
- Songwriting: Content & Genre
The Short Course Bursaries offer full online course tuition fee waivers.
Applicants must meet the following core criteria to be eligible for a Short Course Bursary:
- They must have ‘Home’ funding status – the student finance companies (i.e. Student Finance England, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Student Awards Agency for Scotland) assess residency status. A Home student must have been ordinarily resident in the UK for the three-year period prior to the start of their course. EU students are classed as Home students if they’ve been ordinarily resident in the UK for the last five years.
- They must not have previous experience of Higher Education.
- They must meet at least one of our financial selection criteria (see below).
To be considered for a Short Course Bursary, you must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be in care or a recent care leaver
- Be a mature-aged student (over 21 years)
- Be a student with disability (which could include a physical impairment, learning differences or a long-term health condition, etc.)
- Be a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic student
- Be estranged (under 25 years and have no contact with parents)
- Be a young carer (under 25 years and caring for a sick or disabled person)
- Be from a lower socio-economic background
How to apply
Applications are via our Short Course Bursary Application form below and must be submitted before the course start date.
The closing date for this bursary is Friday 31 July 2020. We’ll acknowledge receipt of your application by email within three days. Successful candidates will be contacted by email before the course start date.
Please direct enquiries related to these bursaries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICMP/AIM Music Business Scholarship
ICMP, together with music industry partner AIM (The Association of Independent Music), is delighted to offer an outstanding opportunity for a deserving person to develop their skills and potential through our exciting Music Business and Entrepreneurship scholarship.
The ICMP and AIM scholarship has been created for those who are passionate and driven, with a keen interest in music business, but who might not normally be in a position to consider Higher Education as part of their career development.
The scholarship offers the opportunity for one winner to study free-of-charge on our one-year Cert HE Music Business and Entrepreneurship course. The funding available covers tuition fees only. Any living costs, travel costs, equipment or reading provision associated with studying on the course will need to be self-funded or accessed via the Student Loans Company.
To be eligible, applicants will need to meet the academic requirements for entry and have a background of low participation in Higher Education, with a household income of below £25,000. Applicants from all ethnicities, genders and backgrounds should apply. Those from underrepresented groups including, for example, BAME, disabled students, care leavers and mature age students, are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply
If you’d like to be in with a chance of receiving this fantastic scholarship, simply complete the application form and upload a one to two-minute video of yourself describing why you think you have the skills, interest, ideas and dedication to be a music business entrepreneur and why you believe you are a worthy scholarship recipient.
The closing date for submitting an application is Wednesday 1st July 2020. We will acknowledge receipt of your application by email within 3 days of receipt.
Undergraduate Entrance Bursary
ICMP's Undergraduate Entrance Bursaries offer significant financial support to undergraduate students who are liable for the full tuition fee and meet the additional criteria outlined below. The support will come in the form of a partial fee waiver, or direct cash support across the academic year.
This bursary applies to the following courses starting September 2020:
- BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance
- BA (Hons) Creative Musicianship
- BA (Hons) Music Business and Entrepreneurship
- BA (Hons) Songwriting
- BA (Hons) Creative Music Production
Five Entrance Bursaries are available, each provides £1,500 per year which can be taken as a:
- Direct payment, paid in three (3) instalments of £500, in October, January and April
- Fee waiver, reducing the amount of tuition fee loan required
The bursary is available for each year of study providing that:
- The assessed household income remains under the threshold of £25,000
- An acceptable level of attendance is maintained
- Satisfactory academic progress
Applicants must meet the following core criteria:
- Be enrolled on a full-time undergraduate degree at ICMP.
- Have ‘Home’ funding status. The student finance companies (i.e. Student Finance England, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Student Awards Agency for Scotland) assess residency status. A Home student must have been ordinarily resident in the UK for the three year period prior to the start of their course.
- Have submitted an application to Student Finance, had a full financial assessment and consented to share this information with ICMP*. The details submitted to Student Finance will be used to assess eligibility.
- A household income of less than £25,000. The gross income of all those in your household (e.g. your parents or your partner) before tax and national insurance deductions but minus a few allowable deductions. More information is available from www.gov.uk/student-finance.
*If consent was not given on the form, permission can be granted after an application has been submitted. Contact Student Finance for further advice and guidance.
How to apply
Applications will be via our Entrance Bursary Application form. Please note, you will need to have been formally offered a place to study at ICMP before submitting. Therefore, you will need to have completed your formal application before applying - start your application today here.
In addition, the applicant must have submitted an application to Student Finance by the stated deadline date.
Please also read the accompanying Entrance Bursary Application Guidance Notes
The closing date for submitting an application is Friday 26th June 2020.
BAME Postgraduate Scholarship
ICMP is delighted to announce a new MA/MMus scholarship for BAME students. There is a dramatic under-representation of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) music scholars at the academic professional level. ICMP is committed to enhancing BAME presence in its postgraduate cohorts and supporting BAME students to progress into academia as a career.
The ICMP BAME Postgraduate Scholarship is a 50% fee waiver on tuition fees. The award also includes opportunities to gain teaching experience, extended academic supervision and mentoring.
Candidates must hold an offer of a place to study a Masters degree at ICMP beginning in September 2020 and;
• must be a graduate of ICMP (or about to graduate from ICMP in 2020)
• must be a ‘Home’ UK permanent resident
• must self-identify as a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) student
For more details see our full terms and conditions.
Awardees will be selected by an ICMP panel based on:
• Academic achievement;
• Scholarship scheme personal statement.
How to apply
Please complete the application form to be considered for the scholarship.
The closing date for submitting an application is Friday 31st July 2020. Successful candidates will be notified by email after Wednesday 12 August.
Please direct enquiries related to this scholarship to email@example.com.