The BA (Hons) Creative Musicianship degree helps you identify exactly who you are as an artist, develops your creativity while expressing your own unique ‘creative voice’, and guides you towards your own definition of career success.
It’s a fun and diverse course with the aim of producing competent self-producing artists and creative musicians who want to create and perform their own music. The degree is suitable for all musicians and caters for a range of different instruments, including guitar, bass, drums, vocals, keyboards, saxophones, harps, and many more options.
Over the course, you’ll develop expertise in your principal instrument, through group instrumental tuition across all three years, and collectively within a group workshop environment. In the business and entrepreneurship modules, you’ll gain an understanding of marketing, branding, social networking and successful new business models, while developing broader communication, management and interpersonal skills. Using the latest technology, you’ll be given the opportunity to build a portfolio of your own original music, working in collaboration with other disciplines and media, such as film, dance, games and fashion.
The learning style on the BA (Hons) Creative Musicianship degree is student-led and highly personalised. You’ll be encouraged to explore a variety of different directions as a creative artist, and will be making your own decisions about what’s best for your future career, with guidance and mentorship provided by your exceptionally experienced tutors.
You’ll also gain a working knowledge of the way the music business operates, thanks to regular industry events, masterclasses, visits by special guest musicians, and ICMP’s connection with London’s Tileyard Studios – our exclusive industry partner and home to the UK’s largest professional music community.
By the time you graduate from ICMP, you’ll be a confident and versatile creative artist with the ability to compose and produce your own work, and the drive, marketing skills and networking contacts to take your professional career to the next level.
Fees & Funding
Taking a music degree course at ICMP makes financial sense too, with the fees for ICMP music degrees significantly less than those at many traditional universities, and, also much lower than other UK music education providers - making studying music at ICMP in London great value as well as great fun.
2019/20 Course Fees: £7,500 (UK & EU Students) | £9,700 (Non-EU Students)
Please visit our Fees page for information on access to Student Loans. Please note, UK and EU students eligible for Loans are able to borrow the full course fee for ICMP degrees, unlike many other UK music schools where students are required to pay additional top-up fees themselves.
EU Students, applying to start their course in 2019, will continue to be eligible for both home fee status and have access to student finance. This entitlement will remain in place for the duration of the course. Read more
Successful completion of the BA (Hons) Creative Musicianship at ICMP leads to the award of Bachelor of Arts by the University of East London.
"The BACM course sums up all I have wished. Creativity, diversity, production, marketing - all the tools I need to start my career in the music industry."
BA (Hons) Creative Musicianship
- Course Code: W3C5
- Institution Code: i25
- View course on UCAS
- Develops your creative skills and unique identity as a musician through structured weekly individual and collaborative performance activities
- Expert tuition in your principal discipline and opportunities to explore other instruments.
- A personalised learning experience which prepares you for a portfolio career within music and the wider creative industries.
- Develops your entrepreneurial, business and networking skills to maximise your creative ability
- The London location provides opportunities to perform in gigs at top London venues, while immersing yourself in the global music scene.
- High-quality teaching by music industry practitioners in a creative and inspiring learning environment.
- A high level of contact teaching hours, delivered in small groups in world-class facilities.
- Connection with Tileyard Studios and wider music industry enables you to build an impressive musical network.
- A creative and inspiring learning environment