Discover learning resources to take your studies to the next level
When you study with ICMP, you can expect the best – from industry-leading kit and the support and mentorship of top academics, to a library packed with essential music publications. It’s all housed in our Kilburn campus, where you’ll find a whole floor equipped with the very best technology to support you during your course.
ICMP library and E-library
Our library is a quiet, flexible space to help you study, learn and achieve your academic goals while your musical knowledge. It’s home to all your core and recommended module texts – which can be read on and off-site as eBooks – as well as digital and archival collections, and access to current industry publications. So whether you’re looking into the fascinating history of music, or want to dip into a music publication past or present, it’s all there at your fingertips. As for working in the library, you can make yourself at home among our top-of-the-line Mac workstations. There’s also support from an experienced ICMP librarian, if you need it.
Within our library you'll also find subscriptions to music industry news, insights and interview archives. These include the likes of Music Ally, which provides weekly insights into music markets, technologies, trends and viewpoints that are shaping the modern industry; UK trade press Music Week, ICMP's subscription offers unlimited access to the full online archive of Music Week, perfect for your research; plus Rock's Backpages an online Library of Pop Writing offering in-depth articles on artists by the finest music writers of the last 60 years, alongside over 600 exclusive audio interviews. You'll also have access to Bloomsbury Music and Sound, Equinox Journals in Popular Music and Cambridge Core Music, among many other publications.
The ICMP library is open daily, with a librarian available 9am–5pm Monday–Friday. Visiting late? You can self-checkout to handle borrowing, returns and renewals.
Meeting rooms and dissertation support
Whether you’re looking for a quiet place to work on a project, want to get a study group together or need to arrange a session with your tutor, our bookable meeting spaces are the perfect place to talk about work. Our tutors also run dedicated dissertation support for undergrad students, from advice on titles and topics, through to checks on progress. And our academics run support sessions on common dissertation themes – like music therapy – to help you deepen your research and understanding.
We’re bursting with key tools and technology to help you get the most out of your learning, including:
- Over 130 high-performance iMacs throughout our buildings, all available to use for academic work and personal projects
- Microsoft Office applications, plus your own personal account and 1TB of online storage
- DAWs like Ableton, Logic and Pro Tools, allowing you to seamlessly record, mix, edit and more between our many tech labs and studios
- Plugins including the incredible Roland Cloud, along with plugins from the likes of IK Multimedia, Izotope, UAD, Celemony and more
- A range of control surfaces for setting up digital audio workstations
- Midi Keyboards from Native Instruments, M-Audio and Novation, giving an outlet for inspiration whenever it strikes
Unlimited superfast WiFi is available in all of our buildings keeping you up-to-date, connected, and online whilst on campus.
We’ve invested in a wealth of online learning at ICMP, to create an enviable digital ecosystem. Here’s what’s on offer:
- Canvas: Our virtual campus, Canvas puts you in the control seat – whatever your area of study. Review course information, upload work or videos, gain feedback and keep tabs on your progress.
- My.ICMP: Our dedicated portal gives access to exclusive industry opportunities, as well as everyday functions like booking rooms – and of course, student support and wellbeing services.
- Open Athens: Securely access our digital textbooks whenever you like, wherever you are. It’s like having a music catalogue in your pocket.
- Celcat: Behind every successful musician is a manager. Celcat – our virtual timetabling software – handles it all for you.
- Microsoft 365: With 1TB online storage and your own personal account to use across all Microsoft software, find a way to study that suits you.
- ICMP Life: With our student and alumni social platform, you’ll be networking like a pro in no time, while keeping up with all the latest news on campus.
- Student Helpdesk: Whether it’s a question, comment or concern, our team is on-hand to help. It’s all part of making your university experience go smoothly.
TV, Radio and more
With our Educational Recording Agency licence, you’ll have access to a whole range of copyrighted works both online and across TV, radio and on-demand services like BBC iPlayer. These cover music and drama, the arts, and literary works, so no stone is left unturned during your studies. Even better, you’ll be able to make recordings and copies of some of this material, too.
Did you know?
All ICMP students can use our facilities for course-related practice free-of-charge outside of timetabled hours, and we're open 7 days a week! Students can also access facilities outside of term-time, for example during the summer break. *
* Please note, occasional closures days are required during key holiday periods (eg. Christmas, Easter, Bank holidays), for planned maintenance and occasionally for events such as Open Days.