ICMP's Hub is connected to major record labels, publishers, promoters and management companies active in London and the wider music industry.
Run by a team of music industry professionals and experienced careers counsellors, The Hub is on hand from day one to support you in taking your first steps towards a career in the music industry or in wider employment. Core activities include:
- Providing a range of exclusive events throughout the year to give you the opportunity to meet industry professionals, gain advice and insight and build that essential network of contacts
- Organising tailored audition and showcase opportunities with the biggest industry names such as Sony/ATV Publishing, RCA, BBC, Virgin EMI Records, Island, Columbia and Universal
- Developing bespoke career plans for students and providing A&R and professional development advice
- Advertising work experience opportunities and placements and developing your employability skills such as making applications, CV development and interview preparation
- Hosting interactive events featuring leading industry professionals
- Providing support, guidance and access to opportunities to you after you graduate
The Hub also organises an annual Careers Day featuring workshops and sessions with leading industry professionals and representatives from the likes of Warner/Chappell Music, Kilimanjaro and Killing Moon Records. Each year, it also organises a Speed Networking event providing the opportunity for students to meet and get direct feedback from industry professionals. Recent guests have included representatives of Polydor, Warner Chappell, Coda and Eat Your Own Ears.
Within 6 months of graduating, over 90% of our graduates are in employment or further education; around two-thirds are engaged in music-related jobs or study.
Meet our Careers and Industry Liaison team
Dave Roberts - Industry Liaison Executive
Dave is the owner and founder of club and college marketing company Wild Promotions and is currently working on a range of acts as diverse as Muse, London Grammar, Chase & Status, Royal Blood, Ella Eyre and Bat For Lashes. He was previously General Manager at Sony-funded Nude Records and has a wealth of experience in marketing, artist management and A&R, including signing The Stone Roses to FM Revolver Records.
James Brister - Industry Liaison Executive
James is an experienced and well-connected artist manager and co-owner/founder of Amour Music. He has experience in developing artists and musicians, with his acts being play listed on national radio, touring the UK, Australia, mainland Europe and China, as well as facilitating endorsements and partnerships with major international brands such as Universal Music Publishing, BMG Music, Notting Hill Publishing and many more.
Oliver Tatler - Careers & Employability Manager
Oli is an experienced careers advisor specialising in supporting students from diverse international backgrounds to start building their careers across a wide range of different industries.