At ICMP we are committed to providing our students with a rich and diverse educational experience that will support and shape both their personal and professional growth.
Our graduate attributes are a list of characteristics and high-level qualities that an ICMP student, who engages with the opportunities available, will develop during their time at ICMP.
Through committing to their studies and the many opportunities ICMP offers, graduates will become industry-ready and employable. Alongside becoming experts in their discipline, our graduates will also be adaptable, articulate and innovative, with a high level of knowledge of the complexities of the creative industries. Inspired by their discipline and always willing to embrace new opportunities, our graduates are socially responsible, resilient to change and capable of finding solutions to new problems.
This expanded level of understanding is what sets ICMP students apart from their peers, and those not engaging in higher education, and represents the added value graduates offer to both the creative industries and wider society.
Our Graduate Attributes are embedded into our curriculum, through our Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy 2019-2022.
ICMP Graduates are:
Industry ready and employable
- Expert and highly skilled in their discipline;
- Knowledgeable of the complexities and dynamics of the creative industries;
- Digitally literate and confident in the application of digital technologies required to work successfully in the music and creative industries;
- Articulate, confident and highly effective communicators;
- Able to negotiate constructively and influence others positively.
Innovative and enterprising
- Resilient to change and capable of innovation when finding solutions to new problems;
- Inspired by their discipline and willing to embrace new opportunities through interdisciplinary collaboration;
- Committed to pushing boundaries and remaining at the cutting edge of their discipline.
- Flexible as a team player or leader and able adjust their role as appropriate;
- Adept at team-working and collaboration;
- Creative in applying solutions to complex problems;
- Able to work flexibly, effectively and efficiently in both physical and digital workspaces.
- Socially responsible practitioners throughout all professional activities;
- Seek to have a positive impact on industry and collaborative partners;
- Uphold ethical standard as part of professional practice by being professional, reliable, well-prepared and respectful of differences;
- Community minded and aware of global perspectives.