Fully accredited degrees
Our quality and accreditations are second to none in the world of contemporary music education.
During more than 30 years of providing education and training of the highest quality to students of contemporary music, ICMP has built up an impressive range of external accreditations and memberships. As a result, you don’t just have to take our word for it and you can be sure that we take the interests of our students very seriously and continually focus on enhancing the quality and standards of our courses.
With accreditation from organisations including the Quality Assurance Agency of Higher Education (QAA) and Higher Education Funding Council England (HEFCE) is proof of the work that we put into creating some of the best music education courses, and also employing some of the best educators in each discipline for our courses across the board.
ICMP is widely respected as an experienced and proven provider of higher education; we understand that all aspiring musicians need a serious and experienced partner in order to realise their personal musical goals and ambitions.
For over three decades, students have been choosing the ICMP as the starting point for their own careers – and you can too!
ICMP subscriptions and memberships include:
- We are subscribers to the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA), the UK’s higher education quality regulator, and undergo their Higher Education Review process in the same way as all other UK Universities
- We are a member of UCAS, which provides application services across a range of subject areas and modes of study for UK higher education providers
- We subscribe to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator (OIA), an independent body set up to review student complaints against higher education institutions in England and Wales
- We are licensed by the UK Visas and Immigration service (UKVI) for the sponsorship of international students
- We are assessed annually by the Department for Education (DfE) and the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) for financial sustainability, management and governance capability
- Our courses are designated for student loan funding by the DfE
- We subscribe to UKCISA, the UK’s national advisory body serving the interests of international students and those who work with them.
- We subscribe to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) which collects a range of data every year from a wide range of higher education institutions, and publishes information in a wide range of formats for use by prospective students
- We are a member of Guild HE, one of two formally-recognised representative bodies for higher education in the UK; our Chief Executive is a Director of this organisation
- We are a member of Independent HE, the UK’s leading representative body for independent education providers; our Chief Executive is vice-Chair of this organisation