The CertHE Creative Music Production is a highly practical course intended for those looking to begin a career as a professional music producer.
Over the course of one year, we’ll guide you through a fun and exciting personalised journey where you’ll explore the world of music production across live, studio and digital music making settings.
Classes take place in ICMP’s high-tech Mac Labs, 24-track recording studio and dedicated teaching spaces, using industry-standard hardware and software. Your highly esteemed music production tutors will train you in the use of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, so on completion of the course you’ll have a proficient working knowledge of these music production tools and will be able to operate them effectively in a professional setting.
Alongside developing your musical creativity and technical know-how, the CertHE Creative Music Production will give you the interpersonal, business and entrepreneurial skills needed to broaden your musical horizons and progress your career as a music producer. You’ll have regular opportunities to collaborate with both fellow music production students and vocalists, guitarists, bassists, drummers and songwriters also studying at ICMP. You’ll instantly be a part of ICMP’s dynamic learning community, where you can build your personal and professional network, working in real-world settings and linking with the music industry.
ICMP’s incredible facilities can be booked outside of class hours for personal use, free of charge, seven days a week, meaning you’ll have instant access to the very best kit to progress your creativity and talent as a music producer, including writing rooms and studios, instruments, synths, drum machines, controllers, loop stations, vocal processors and effects pedals, microphones and more.
At the end of your time with us, you’ll have gained a solid understanding of the practical elements of music production and recording, as well as a firm idea of the way the music industry operates, and a sense of music’s place throughout history and in the wider world. You’ll also possess good networking skills, a great list of contacts and the necessary drive to get started in the music industry.
FEES & FUNDING
Studying music at ICMP in London is great value, as well as great fun, with fees for our music courses significantly less than those at many traditional universities and other UK music education providers.
2019/20 Course Fees: £7,500 (UK & EU Students) | £9,700 (Non-EU Students)
Please visit our Fees page for information on access to Student Loans.
EU Students, applying to start this course in 2019, will continue to be eligible for both home fee status and have access to student finance. This entitlement will remain in place for the duration of the course. Read more
Successful completion of programme Cert HE Creative Music Production at ICMP leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education by the University of East London.
- Course Code: W374
- Institution Code: i25
- View course on UCAS
- Taught in a professional music production environment using high-tech industry-standard facilities.
- Develops your practical music production skills, giving you a strong working knowledge of Pro Tools, Logic Pro and Ableton Live
- Fosters your creative music production skills through regular collaboration with fellow student artists from ICMP’s rich artist pool.
- A personalised learning experience which prepares you for a portfolio career within music and the wider creative industries.
- The London location provides opportunities to showcase your music production talents at top London events while immersing yourself in the global music scene.
- High-quality teaching by music production professionals in a creative and inspiring learning environment.
- A high level of contact teaching hours, delivered in small groups.