JOB TITLE: Academic Support Officer
REPORTS TO: Senior Academic Support Officer
DIRECT REPORTS: Academic Support Team
PAY-RATE: £23,386 - £28,695 (depending on experience)
ICMP is the pioneer of contemporary music education in the UK and has been helping students build successful careers in the music industry for over 30 years. With a portfolio of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in popular music performance, production, creative musicianship, songwriting and music business we are proud of our mission to ‘shape the future of music’. Based in London we enjoy unparalleled industry connectivity and our development at Tileyard Studios will ensure our continuing success at the forefront of education and training in contemporary music. This is an exciting time to join ICMP.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a professional, highly organised and customer-focused team player to join ICMP as a Academic Support Officer within Registry and the Academic Support Team.
This is a busy and varied student-facing role requiring meticulous attention to detail and an ability to multi-task, ensuring that all undertakings are executed effectively and to the highest of standards. You will have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and will take pride in providing a service that exceeds expectations.
- Acting as the lead administrative contact for staff and students on the assigned ICMP programme(s) and levels of study.
- Maintaining procedures for the administration of programmes and curriculum related activities.
- Assisting with the coordination and planning of enrolment and Induction of students.
- Programme Committee Meetings: acting as servicing officer of meetings as required including compiling of agendas, preparing papers, production and distribution of draft minutes and to ensure follow-up action is taken as appropriate or as directed by the Administration Manager or the Senior Academic Support Officer.
- Ensuring international students provide all necessary documentation at enrolment to maintain their Tier 4 Student Visa status.
- Ensuring all withdrawals or intermittences and handled and documented in line with policy.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with external partners and other regulatory and awarding bodies.
We are looking for an accomplished, adaptable administrator willing to take the initiative, and able to work well in a team whilst managing a varied workload in a demanding environment. Candidates should be educated to Degree level or equivalent and will have proven experience working in Academic Administration.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward an up to date CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you are suited for this role to the email address below. Please see the role profile for more information,
Apply for this role
Please send CV’s and covering letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 2nd November 2018
Interviews w/c 5th November
Note: ICMP is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will be required to obtain a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.