At ICMP we've always taken great pride in the success our graduates achieve in their careers.
We know that within 6 months of graduating, over 94% of our graduates are in employment or further education and in 2017*, six months after graduating, ICMP graduates were earning an average salary of £24,000, which is £5,000 higher than other UK music students.**
Importantly, the support and guidance we offer do not stop once you've graduated. As an ICMP alumn, you're always able to re-engage and benefit from a wide range of support activities, at any point in your career. From one-to-one support and advice to attending current ICMP events, our door is always open to you. ICMP alumni are also able to access the Accelerator Fund for assistance with professional projects.
ICMPLife - our exclusive community platform
All ICMP students and alumni have access to one of the largest and most diverse music communities in the UK through our ICMPLife platform.
The platform, which includes a mobile app, is a closed community offering a place to continue to collaborate, network, seek feedback and self-promote. On ICMPLife you'll also find our regularly updated jobs and opportunities board, along with access to exclusive 1:2:1 A&R sessions and industry events.
If you're a graduate and would like further information, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll update your details, and add you to our mailing lists!
Network & Support
Just because you graduate doesn’t mean we stop supporting you. Once you graduate from ICMP, you retain access to support and guidance from our Music Careers & Industry Hub Team and join a bustling community of ICMP alumni in the UK and internationally!
Services available from our Music Careers & Industry Hub Team include:
- Job Applications. We provide a range of support including reviewing CVs, cover letters and application forms for all jobs and opportunities.
- Building your Creative Career. Guidance and advice on topics such as release and marketing strategies, raising your profile as a musician, connecting with industry and much more.
- Building your Portfolio Career. Guidance and advice on topics such as identifying a range of potential career paths, further education and building revenue streams as well as guidance on working as a self-employed freelancer.
- Exclusive events. We provide a range of events focussed on connecting you with industry practitioners, employers and other professionals.
- Refresher Sessions. These are designed to help ‘top-up’ your professional skills and develop your commercial awareness of key trends and developments.
- Information and resources. Housed on our student/alumni intranet MY.ICMP, you have access to an archive of key information and resources across a range of topics .
- International Networks. Access an international network of ICMP alumni working across the music and wider industries
- Mentorship. Access to a broad range of alumni mentors via our exclusive ICMP Life platform.
- Job Opportunities. Access to job and performance listings and other exclusive opportunities through ICMP Life platform.
- Keeping in Touch. We will reach out and contact you to make sure your plans are on track and identify how we can best support you.
If you have any questions or require any help please contact the Careers & Industry Hub via email@example.com .
*DLHE • Employment of Leavers Survey - UK domiciled undergraduate leavers 2016/17 | ** DLHE 2017
Graduate Outcomes is a national survey capturing the activities and perspectives of graduates and is the biggest annual social survey in the UK. This survey allows current and future students to make informed choices and to help us to evaluate and promote our courses.
You will receive an email invitation to complete the survey approximately 15 months after you complete your course with us, so make sure our contact details for you are up to date by creating your profile on ICMPLife.com.
You can learn more about Graduate Outcomes in this video:
The Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) is the official Government agency for the collection, analysis and dissemination of quantitative information about higher education in the UK. Like other Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), ICMP has a statutory duty to pass certain personal data on current and former students to HESA.
ICMP also supplies HESA with contact details of recent graduates, for use in the Graduate Outcomes survey. The following data collection notices have been produced by HESA for HEIs, explaining the purposes for which the data is gathered and the ways in which these are used.
The Statement is updated annually and can be found here.
Note: Reference in this notice to 'we' and 'us' refers to the higher education provider which you attend/attended (i.e. ICMP).
Sign up for the Careers & Industry Newsletter