The Higher Diploma in Music Performance is a comprehensive one-year course ideally suited to those students looking to achieve a solid foundation as a musician in a short period of time. It’s been specially designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and experience necessary for a range of different careers in music or, if you’d prefer to continue with your learning, it’s a natural base from which to progress to an undergraduate degree or other professional qualification in music.
Our highly experienced professional teaching faculty will tutor you in music performance, instrumental technique, musicianship and music technology, allowing you to become a versatile, consistent, expressive and accomplished player. They’ll provide you with a first-hand working knowledge of the way the music business operates, thanks to regular masterclasses, industry events and visits by special guest musicians, and you’ll have access to all the same amazing equipment, facilities and careers benefits that ICMP undergraduates and postgraduates do.
At ICMP, collaboration is encouraged, particularly in a live performance workshop setting, where you’ll form bands with fellow Higher Diploma students and will receive ‘A&R-style’ feedback on your performance from both peers and tutors.
Learning happens within a real-world music industry environment, which will see you assessed while performing at a gig you helped to organise, in a renowned London venue, in front of a real audience.
At the end of your year with ICMP, you’ll have all the tools you need to launch a professional music industry career, as well as a thorough foundation in music which will stand you in good stead for future study.
- The ICMP Higher Diploma is a BTEC Level 4 (RQF) HNC in Music (Performance) accredited by Pearson Edexcel.
Will I be able to start my course in September?
Yes. We’re very much looking forward starting the new academic year in September and are still accepting applications. Head over to our 2020 Student Hub to learn all about how we're preparing for September, the investments we've made and the safety measures we've put in place.
Your timetable for this course - we’ve also now outlined how much of each module will take place online and face-to-face during Semester A.
Fees & Funding
Taking a music course at ICMP makes financial sense too, with the fees for ICMP music courses significantly less than those at many traditional universities, and, also much lower than other UK music education providers - making studying music at ICMP in London great value as well as great fun.
2020/21 Course Fees: £7,600 (UK & EU Students) | £10,000 (Non-EU Students)
- An intensive course with the aim of helping you to become a well-rounded musician and fast-tracking you on the path to a career in music
- Further progression possible to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in music on successful completion of the course.
- The London location provides opportunities to perform in gigs at top London venues, while immersing yourself in the global music scene.
- High-quality teaching by music industry practitioners in a creative, inspiring and personal learning environment.
- Extensive music industry connections enable you to build an impressive musical network.
- A high level of contact teaching hours, delivered in small groups in world-class facilities.
- A truly international college, with musical opportunities around the globe via partners in California, Nashville, Malmö and Paris.