TAUGHT BY THE INDUSTRY, SHAPED BY LONDON
The Higher Diploma in Music Performance is an internationally recognised qualification, created to prepare you for a career in the music industry. But spending a year in London with us will give you much more than that.
We’ve designed your Higher Diploma music course to be an experience as much as it is a training. With London’s famous musical heritage, list of incredible venues, and our many industry connections, this could be one of the most important and enjoyable years of your career.
Inspiration is an important part of learning at ICMP London. That’s why your course incorporates several backstage tours around London’s best and oldest venues, plus a visit to The Cavern Club in Liverpool, where The Beatles rose to fame. Visiting the legend that is Abbey Road Studios is always a highlight for our students but being given time to record there is an experience money just can’t buy.
Our students also benefit from free tickets and entry to some of the best venues on London’s festival and club scene – names to be announced at the time of enrolment. These experiences run alongside the opportunity to gig yourself at selected venues, offering you an immersive experience that balances inspiration with performance.
We have a wide range of Music Hack Days for you to choose from, all of which are instrument and genre-specific. These events, hosted by expert figures in the music business, allow you to explore the sounds of jazz, blues, pop, rap and everything in between.
Whether you’re a vocalist, guitarist, bassist or drummer, you’ll enjoy masterclasses with some of the industry’s most interesting musicians. And with instrumental technique, performance and creative thinking covered by the artists, our expert education team that will provide practical training in your chosen specialisation as well as learning about financial and business practise within the industry.
We deliberately limit the number of places available on this course, because we know the value of keeping these experiences – like our Songwriting and Music Production weekend – within small groups. It means you’ll have excellent access to the world-class equipment we’ve collected, as well as the special connections we’ve made.
In just one year, you’ll find yourself in a very different place than you are today. At ICMP London you’ll have the option to take an undergraduate music degree or further music qualification. You’ll have new skills and greater confidence. And, you’ll share something very special with the musical giants who used the streets of London to get to the world stage.
The Higher Diploma is Awarded by Pearson Edexcel.
Course starts: 30th April 2018
- Course starts 30th April 2018
- The personalised learning experience equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for successful employment in the music industry
- The London location provides opportunities to perform in gigs at top London venues and immerse yourself in the current music scene
- High-quality teaching by industry practitioners
- Extensive music industry links and access enable you to build that all-important network
- A high level of contact teaching hours is delivered in small groups in world-class facilities
- A creative and inspiring learning environment
- Further progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualification in music on successful completion of the course