ICMP’s one-year CertHE Creative Musicianship is a newly redesigned programme which will help you explore your unique artistic identity, provide you with an extensive introduction to how the music industry operates, and guide you on your first steps towards success as a highly skilled creative artist.
Suitable for vocalists and instrumentalists, the programme is ideal for those looking to eventually become entrepreneurial and creative music professionals with varied and enduring portfolio careers.
Through a practical and theoretical examination of performance, composition and music business, you’ll improve your technical understanding of musical language and begin to explore your potential for a career in music and the creative industries.
The modules address a variety of specialisms within creative music practice, ensuring you acquire skills in creative collaboration, songwriting, recording, entrepreneurship and career development.
The programme also lets you progress an individual learning path relevant to your preferred way of learning, interests and ultimate career journey, and there are ongoing opportunities to explore the areas you feel support your personal artistic goals. You’ll be encouraged to consider a variety of different directions as a creative artist, but will make your own decisions about what’s best for your future career.
You’ll be supported and mentored by exceptionally experienced tutors – all experts in the creative industries – while also learning how to work autonomously.
With a strong focus on entrepreneurship, the course introduces you to tried-and-tested approaches to building yourself as a successful brand and business. Tailored to reflect the realities of the modern music industry, it gives you access to regular masterclasses, industry events and visits by special guest musicians.
At the conclusion of your year of study with ICMP, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a versatile and confident self-producing creative artist, with the entrepreneurial skills, networking contacts and drive to succeed, and an artistic uniqueness to stand out from the crowd.
UK Students - Apply via UCASIf you’d like to study with us next year, then you’ll need to start thinking about submitting your UCAS application. The deadline for degree applications is 6pm, Wednesday 15th January 2021. UCAS codes for this programme are: Course Code: W35C | Institution Code: i25
UCAS Application Information
FEES & FUNDING
Studying music at ICMP in London is great value, as well as great fun, with fees for our music courses significantly less than those at many traditional universities and other UK music education providers.
2021/22 Course Fees: £9,250 (UK & EU Students) | £13,000 (International Students)
Please visit our Fees page for information on access to Student Loans. UK and EU students eligible for Loans are able to borrow the full course fee for ICMP programmes, unlike many other UK music schools where students are required to pay additional top-up fees themselves.
Successful completion of the Cert HE Creative Musicianship &programmenbsp;at ICMP leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education by the University of East London.
- Course Code: W35C
- Institution Code: i25
- View course on UCAS
- Develops your creative skills and identity through creative collaboration.
- A comprehensive one-year introduction to the music business.
- Tailored to reflect the modern music and wider creative industries.
- Offers a personalised learning experience with a high degree of choice and self-direction, preparing you for a varied portfolio career.
- Develops your entrepreneurial, business and networking skills to maximise your creative ability.
- The London location provides top performance opportunities, while you immerse yourself in the global music scene.
- High-quality teaching by expert music industry practitioners in a creative and inspiring learning environment.
- A high level of contact teaching hours, delivered in small groups in world-class facilities.
- Connection with the wider music industry enables you to build an impressive musical network.