ICMP’s one-year CertHE Creative Musicianship is a highly creative course which will help you identify your musical ‘voice’, give you a thorough understanding of how the music industry works, and position you ready to launch your career as a versatile and confident self-producing artist.
This fun and diverse course is suitable for all musicians and caters for a range of different instruments, including guitar, bass, drums, vocals, keyboards, saxophones, harps, and many more options.
Over the course, you’ll develop expertise in your principal instrument, individually through one-to-one and group instrumental tuition, and collectively within a group workshop environment. You’ll have access to ICMP’s high-tech facilities, where you’ll build an impressive portfolio of your own original music, working across media including film, games, fashion, dance and more. You’ll also gain an understanding of marketing, social networking and branding, while developing broader communication, management, business, entrepreneurial and interpersonal skills.
Your experienced tutors will guide and mentor you along the way, helping you to understand the way the music business operates first-hand, thanks to regular visits by special guest musicians, masterclasses, industry events, and ICMP’s partnership with London’s Tileyard Studios – home of the UK’s largest professional music community.
The learning journey of the CertHE Creative Musicianship is student-led and hugely personalised. You’ll be encouraged to make your own decisions regarding the direction your study will take, and will explore a range of potential musical directions as a creative artist.
At the end of your time with us, you’ll be a confident composer, producer and performer with a wide-ranging repertoire of material, and will have the marketing skills, networking contacts and ambition to launch your professional career.
Courses at ICMP fill up fast. If you’re passionate about music and want to secure your place with us, the time to start your application is today!
FEES & FUNDING
Studying music at ICMP in London is great value, as well as great fun, with fees for our music courses significantly less than those at many traditional universities and other UK music education providers.
2018/19 Course Fees: £6,700 (UK & EU Students) | £9,200 (Non-EU Students)
This course is eligible for Student Loans Company (SLC) funding.
EU Students, applying to start their course in either 2018 or 2019, will continue to be eligible for both home fee status and have access to student finance. This entitlement will remain in place for the duration of the course. Read more
Successful completion of programme Cert HE Creative Musicianship at ICMP leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education by the University of East London.
- Course Code: W35C
- Institution Code: i25
- View course on UCAS
- Develops your creative skills and unique identity as a musician through structured weekly individual and collaborative performance activities.
- One-to-one and group tuition in your principal discipline and opportunities to explore other instruments.
- A personalised learning experience which prepares you for a portfolio career within music and the wider creative industries.
- Develops your performance, musicianship, entrepreneurial, business and networking skills to maximise your creative ability.
- The London location provides opportunities to perform in gigs at top London venues, while immersing yourself in the global music scene.
- High-quality teaching by music industry practitioners in a creative and inspiring learning environment.
- A high level of contact teaching hours, delivered in small groups in world-class facilities.
- Connection with Tileyard Studios and wider music industry enables you to build an impressive musical network.
- Global opportunities in Nashville, California, Malmö and Paris make for a truly international course.