Are you a Brent or Kilburn music artist over the age of 16? If so, you’re invited to apply to attend our eight-week online ‘Elevate: Brent Artist Development’ course – for free!
In recognition of the Brent borough’s diverse cultural community, all genres and musical backgrounds across a range of different instruments are encouraged to apply. The course has been specifically designed for artists eager to release their own music, and will provide you with tools to realise your dreams of becoming a trailblazing creative artist.
Each week, you’ll receive feedback and tips on the music industry from some of London’s top music professionals, including ICMP Vocal Tutor Erika Footman, ICMP Songwriting Tutor Jonathan Whiskerd, audio engineer Jo Lord, and Rudimental vocalist Bridgette Amofah. You’ll explore topics including songwriting, performance, marketing, music production, home recording techniques, gigs and festivals, and more.
Your course tutors will allocate weekly assignments and hold one-on-one tutorials to help develop your musical artistry, tailored to your specific career goals. At the end of the eight-week course, you’ll have the chance to perform your music live or pre-recorded on the online TV channel The Floor.tv.
At the end of your course, you’ll be confident in booking shows and releasing singles as a creative artist in today’s music industry. You’ll also have developed a personalised electronic press kit (EPK) to present to promoters, the media, record labels and management in the hope of advancing your career as an artist.
During your time on the course, you’ll learn to:
- better understand yourself as an artist
- book shows and provide the right specs for gigs and festivals
- work from a marketing template to promote your musical project
- apply your knowledge of recording techniques
- explore a wide range of creative fields from songwriting to biog writing
- network with music industry professionals at online masterclasses hosted by special guest artists.
Week 1: Introduction by Erika Footman
Week 2: Marketing with Erika Footman
Week 3: Songwriting with Jonathan Whiskerd
Week 4: Performance workshop with Brigette Amofah (Rudimental vocalist)
Week 5: Home recording techniques with Jo Lord
Week 6: Production with Jo Lord
Week 7: Gigs and festivals with Erika Footman
Week 8: Project reveal with Erika Footman
PLEASE NOTE THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
Elevate is currently a single course in which we hope to run again in the future.
To find out what else ICMP offer please see our courses page.
If you manage or run a community organisation and want to collaborate with ICMP please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Runs Wednesday evenings 6pm–8pm from 22 July to 9 September 2020
- Weekly two-hour online group classroom experience
- Tailored one-to-one tutorials with London’s top music professionals
- Eight weeks of structured online course content, including custom videos, comprehensive readings, assignments and support materials
- Develop a deeper understanding of yourself as an artist
- Create an electronic press kit (EPK) for presentation to promoters, management, labels and the media
- Learn how to book your own shows, gigs and festivals