Ableton Live is the Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) of choice for many of today’s most celebrated music producers. Whether you’ve been using it for years or are new to music production, across this 12-week course, you’ll gain the experience and know-how necessary to get the most from the platform, as you learn to make music your way. With tuition from renowned Ableton Certified Trainer – Marcello Ruggiu – you’ll become a creative and independent music producer with the drive to bring unique original music to life.
After enrolling on the Complete Ableton Live Course, you’ll explore the vast possibilities of electronic music production in a purpose-built suite, as you gain a solid working knowledge of both Ableton Live and Ableton Push. Over 12 weeks you’ll learn how to:
- Use Ableton Live to compose music
- Sample and program your own original beats
- Use your Ableton Push instrument in a creative and effective way
- Create your own instrument libraries
- Mix and master your own tracks
- Jam with your Ableton Push machine and perform live
You’ll develop strong foundational Ableton skills across the course and, upon completion, will be in an ideal position to progress to ICMP’s six-month Electronic Music Production Industry Course.
Ableton Push machines Take your electronic music performances to the next level as you learn to play with Ableton Push hardware, provided by ICMP.
Beatmaking and sampling Dive into the world of original beatmaking as you craft your own rhythms and learn to sample sounds from the world around you.
Face-to-face learning at ICMP Meet with your tutor and classmates weekly at our industry-standard Ableton-sponsored live room at ICMP’s Kilburn campus in London.
Online resources Build your knowledge at home with online course materials and weekly projects. You can review your lesson topics, chat with your fellow students, digest advanced tips and tricks, and request remote feedback from your tutor.
Certificate Once you successfully finish all 12 weeks of the course, you’ll receive an ICMP Ableton Live and Ableton Push course certificate for your CV.
Get hands-on with Ableton Push
As you explore Ableton Live in this course, you’ll also start to discover the wonders of the Ableton Push machine. This means you’ll develop your Ableton software skills and hone your performance abilities on Ableton hardware at the same time.
You’ll also propel your creativity on the Push with modules covering sampling and beatmaking, jamming with your tutor and peers, songcraft and arrangements, and a performance workshop on stage in our Performance Studio.
- Start date: Wednesday 12 January 2022
- Price: Was
£399Now £339.15 with code: BLACKFRIDAY
- Length: 12 weeks
- When: Wednesdays, 7pm to 9pm
- Location: ICMP's Kilburn campus, London
See course terms & conditions
Your Tutor: Marcello Ruggiu
You’d be hard pressed to find an electronic music producer more qualified than your course writer and tutor, Marcello Ruggiu.
An Ableton Certified Trainer since 2009, Marcello recently received his Ableton Live 11 Certification. He’s been using Ableton Live for both at-home music production and club performances since he was a teenager. He gained many of his music production skills operating and managing recording studios in the UK and Italy.
“Marcello was absolutely amazing as a tutor. He was very detailed in his explanations but also funny, so it made the whole experience really enjoyable.”
Is this course for me?
The Complete Ableton Live Course is perfect for you if...
- You’re new to Ableton Live
- You’re want to learn to use Ableton’s Push instrument
- You’d like to become a music producer
- You’re keen to learn about beat making and sampling
- You’d like to learn in industry-standard music production facilities in London
- You’re thinking of taking our six-month Electronic Music Production course
- 12-week industry-relevant course
- Suitable for beginner and intermediate Ableton users
- Ableton Push instruments included
- Taught at ICMP’s Ableton Certified Training Centre in London
- Lessons: Wednesdays 7pm – 9pm
- Starts: Wednesday 12 January 2022
- Cost: £339.15 with code BLACKFRIDAY
- Enrol now