The MA Creative Music Production will see you study current trends and practices in all areas of digital audio recording and studio production, while exploring the context of sound and creativity within music production.
This masters in music production offers a substantial amount of both personalisation and collaboration, allowing you to concentrate on your own specific music production interests while working together with other students to fully realise your projects.
You will be supported and mentored by exceptionally experienced tutors – all experts in creative, production and recording processes – while you learn to work autonomously using the latest industry-standard equipment.
Tailored to reflect the realities of the modern music industry, this MA in music production also gives you access to regular masterclasses, visits by special guest musicians and industry networking events.
This creative music production masters course culminates in the development and creation of a unique creative Major Production Project – typically a market-ready showcase piece, such as an artist album or similar, for you to take into industry. Your creation of the project will be overseen by an ICMP supervisor, guiding you from start to finish with their impressive industry expertise.
At the conclusion of a successful year of study with ICMP, you will graduate with a prestigious postgraduate degree, ready to make your mark in the world of music production. ICMP’s Professional Development team at The Careers and Industry Hub will provide you with bespoke music industry career advice and unique industry opportunities, ensuring your next professional step is the right one.
Will I be able to start my course in September?
Yes. We’re very much looking forward starting the new academic year in September and are still accepting applications. Head over to our 2020 Student Hub to learn all about how we're preparing for September, the investments we've made and the safety measures we've put in place.
Your timetable for this course - we’ve also now outlined how much of each module will take place online and face-to-face during Semester A.
Student financial support for postgraduate masters degree courses is available to students studying at ICMP. Eligible students on designated masters courses at ICMP will be able to access the postgraduate masters loan in the same way, and at the same value, as they could at a publicly funded provider. Individuals will be able to borrow up to £11,222. If you opt to study part-time, your loan would be split into two installments over the two years of study.
EU students applying to start their course in 2020 will continue to be eligible for both home fee status and have access to student finance. This entitlement will remain in place for the duration of the course. Read more
SUBJECT TO VALIDATION
Please note, this course is currently subject to validation from the University of East London and module details may change. Successful completion of the Masters in Creative Music Production programme at ICMP leads to the award of MA by the University of East London.
- Offers the environment and opportunity to focus on and realise your music production projects.
- Enhances your creativity, identity and confidence as a music producer and academic.
- A personalised learning experience which equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for successful employment in the music industry.
- High-quality teaching by expert producers, all still active and successful in today’s modern music business.
- A high level of contact teaching hours, delivered in small groups in world-class facilities.
- Major Production Project module allows for guided completion of seminal piece of creative work.
- Offered as one year full-time or two years part-time study.
- London location provides opportunities to showcase your production at top London events, while immersing yourself in the global music scene.
- Connections with the wider London music industry enable you to build an impressive musical network.
- Opportunities for global collaboration and engagement make for a truly international postgraduate course.