When it comes to connecting with their audience, brands, artists, freelancers and influencers all need to master one thing above all else: their content. Because whether you’re a small start-up or a global band, you need to engage, persuade and inspire your customers if you want them to act.
Digital marketing is one of the fastest-growing industries in the UK, with LinkedIn reporting a recent 52% increase in job demand.* Today, every brand imaginable has an online presence that reflects who they are and what they stand for. Using platforms like social media, websites and online marketplaces, brands can turn messaging into action, expand their audiences and ultimately, grow their businesses. Our CertHE Digital Marketing & Content Creation course walks you through the basics of doing just that.
You’ll begin your course by delving into the two most important aspects of content: words and images. You’ll get a solid understanding of graphic design theory, covering how to organise and lay out information to grow your audience’s understanding and encourage action. And you’ll see how copywriting can help you generate, create and refine your ideas – with insights into adapting these for different platforms, people and purposes. Later, you’ll get to grips with the technical side of content, as you’ll learn about the key tools and analytics that grow your reach and audience.
But to really unpick the role content plays in marketing, you’ll need to find, understand and target that audience. You’ll see how to build relationships through market research and customer insights, whether through influencers, building trust, or creating an effective promotion. And you’ll also touch on collecting and analysing data, which feeds into your overall strategy. Because for online success, data holds the key – revealing who is engaging with you and how.
Finally, you’ll discover how these key facets of content marketing come together to create a campaign. Alongside an overview of various online platforms, you’ll touch on key tools, the role of budget, and the technical aspects of running online campaigns. Ultimately, you’ll have all you need to develop a successful digital marketing strategy, opening doors as a content producer.
Studying in London over a full academic year, you’ll learn through a mix of theory, hands-on activities and practical tools, spreading your time across workshops, guest lectures and seminars, and events with tutors from across the industry.
By the end of your CertHE Digital Marketing & Content Creation course, you’ll have a solid understanding of digital marketing principles, along with key skills in design and content creation. If you’re interested in a career in the creative industry, want to deliver your own content creation services or even promote your own brand or product, this is the perfect place to start. Or, if you’d like to deepen your knowledge, this course will lead you straight into the second year of our BA (Hons) Digital Marketing & Content Creation degree, or any of our other business and marketing undergraduate programmes.
Our careers service gets you started in the world of work. Whether it's help with writing a cover letter or honing your interview technique, we can even advise you on different career paths and revenue streams based on your qualifications. Browse job boards, book events and sessions with experts, and access a wealth of resources — all while growing your network. There's even funding available to support protects, pitches, workshops and creative work.
FEES & FUNDING
Taking a Digital Marketing course at ICMP makes financial sense too, with the fees for ICMP undergraduate courses the same as those at many traditional universities - making studying at ICMP great value as well as great fun.
Course Fees: UK Students | EU/EEA/International Students
Student Finance: Please visit our Fees page for information on accessing to Student Loans. UK students eligible for Loans are able to borrow the full course fee.
Successful completion of the CertHE Digital Marketing and Content Production course leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education by The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance.*
*This course is subject to validation.
- Course Code: CMCC
- Institution Code: I25
- View course on UCAS
- Brand new from 2023, this is one of the most current digital marketing courses in the UK.
- Gain a strong foundation in creating engaging, successful digital content, learning to influence audiences across a wide range of platforms and channels.
- Discover a detailed understanding of marketing and its specialisms, including content creation, data analytics and market research.
- Gain insight from entrepreneurs, UK brands and marketing agencies working at the cutting edge of digital marketing.
- Enrolment on this programme gives you access to an impressive range of constantly updated materials and resources, all accredited by the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI).
- Contains both theoretical modules and practical experience, seeing you develop a strong portfolio of work that supports you on your academic or career path.
- Study digital marketing in London – an international hub with endless opportunities to develop your marketing skills.
- Learn in small groups, with a high number of class-contact teaching hours.
- Your time will be split between workshops and events with digital marketing professionals, as well as at lectures and seminars.