Social media. Augmented reality. AI. The digital landscape is constantly shifting and changing beneath our feet, with new innovations and technologies influencing the way we engage with artists, brands, friends, and family. And for musicians and other creatives, understanding how to make the most of digital marketing platforms and navigate the industry can be the difference between remaining unknown or getting noticed.
Our BA (Hons) Digital Marketing with Music Management will help you do exactly that, blending technical marketing and analytics skills with specialist music industry knowledge. It’s a really diverse and immersive programme; you’ll spend as much time at workshops and events with digital marketing professionals and music industry executives as you will at lectures.
Alongside core modules on the technical side of digital storytelling, marketing strategies, and understanding consumer behaviour, you’ll explore a range of subjects including entrepreneurship; how to control your brand, rights, and intellectual property; and how to plan for your next release. Ultimately, over three years, you’ll gain a richly detailed understanding of digital marketing fundamentals, and take a deep dive into the commercial and legal sides of the music industry. You could be building a career as an influencer, artist, or music producer, or developing digital marketing skills for a job in the creative industry.
Whatever your goals, when you finish our BA (Hons) Digital Marketing & Music Management, you’ll be a master of online content — someone who knows how to reach and influence people through any and every digital platform. And by specialising in Music Management, you’ll learn how to apply your marketing degree to the music industry, too. So whether you’re planning to work for a big label or create something all your own, this degree will give you the skills and tools you need to thrive.
Why study at ICMP?
At ICMP, we know that succeeding in the creative industry is about more than talent; you need to understand everything from marketing and business management to how you can innovate, disrupt and grow in a crowded market. As London’s leading music educator, we have global industry connections and state-of-the-art facilities, giving you access to valuable contacts and opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. And we’ll use those contacts to help you find industry experience, internships, and employment — or if you’re trying to get established as a musician, we’ll help you seek performance opportunities and showcase your work. Add to that the small class sizes and close-knit campus that give our courses a supportive, family feel, there’s nowhere better to study your creative undergraduate degree than ICMP.
Whatever your course, our enrichment events and industry boot camps give you opportunities to tailor your learning and enhance your understanding. Designed and updated each year to fit around the core UG programme, sign up to specialist workshops, talks and more while networking with industry professionals. You'll hear from entrepreneurs, UK brands and marketing agencies about influencers, gamification, PR, pay-per-click (PPC), AI, copywriting and more.
Digital marketing jobs were some of the fastest growing in the UK last year, according to data from LinkedIn, which shows a 52% rise in demand for such roles."
Marketing week 2021
Our careers service gets you started in the world of work. Whether it's help with writing a cover letter or honing your interview technique, we can even advise you on different career paths and revenue streams based on your qualifications. Browse job boards, book events and sessions with experts, and access a wealth of resources — all while growing your network. There's even funding available to support protects, pitches, workshops and creative work.
Fees & Funding
Please visit our Fees pages for information on access to Student Loans.
Successful completion of the BA (Hons) Digital Marketing and Music Management degree at ICMP leads to the award of Bachelor of Arts.
Please note, this programme is currently subject to validation.
- Course Code: DMMM
- Institution Code: I25
- View course on UCAS
- This course is brand new for 2022, which makes it one of the most current digital marketing courses in the UK
- Gain insight from entrepreneurs, UK brands and marketing agencies working at the cutting-edge of digital marketing
- Learn in a creative and inspiring environment as you collaborate with, manage and promote fellow student artists from ICMP’s rich talent pool.
- Whether you’re planning to work for a big label or create something all your own, this degree will give you the skills and tools you need to thrive.
- This immersive course will provide you with a blend of technical marketing and analytics skills within a specialist music industry environment.
- Attend networking events with digital marketing professionals and music industry executives as well as time in engaging lectures.
- Study digital marketing for music in London – a key international music hub with endless opportunities to develop your music management.
- Develop your entrepreneurial skills, how to control your brand and how to prepare for your next release.
- Become a master of online content, whether you're an influencer, artist, producer or marketer within the creative industry.
- Apply Now