Our next Undergraduate Online Open Day will take place online on Saturday 13th March, 11am–1:30pm
It’s the perfect opportunity to find out everything you need to know about studying with us, learn what it’s like to be an ICMP student, and discover how we can help you fulfil your potential as both a musician and academic.
You’ll have the chance to:
- Attend a welcome presentation and enjoy live performances by current ICMP students.
- Learn what makes studying at ICMP so special.
- Explore our state-of-the-art facilities on a virtual tour.
- Discuss the course you’re interested in at a live Q&A session with tutors.
- Discover more about ICMP student life with our current students.
- Learn more about our application process.
- Find out more about our on-campus facilities, such as recording studios, rehearsal rooms, gear hire and Mac labs.
- Discuss music industry careers with our Music Careers and Industry Liaison team.
- Arrange a one-to-one chat with our Dean of Academic Studies, or our Admissions or Student Services teams.
- Attend an optional Audition Workshop (see full details below)
Here's what a recent attendee had to say about our Open Days:
I just wanted to say that the benefit of an online open day was that I, as a parent, was able to listen in. The Open Day was excellent- seeing the student performances helped my daughter work out which course suited her best. The break out room talk was brilliant. The ethos and tone of the teaching was well communicated. Details such as how the facility has dealt with the pandemic, financial support of students, and 24 hour helpline were great to hear. I was not familiar with ICMP prior to my daughter applying for a course. After the Open Day I am confident that it would be a great choice for her further education."
Optional 'How to succeed in auditions' workshop - 2–3pm
Led by ICMP tutor Jon Shone, this session will explore the challenges of auditions and how performers and musicians can succeed in this environment.
Over the last ten years, Jon has auditioned close to 500 musicians for small projects to life-changing stadium world tours. He's seen every mistake and error made, from overconfidence to under preparation.
Alongside working at ICMP, Jon’s career includes a number of years working as musical director for legendary British boy band One Direction. Prior to joining them, he worked with numerous other success stories including Katy Perry, Pixie Lott and many more.
Jon’s presentation should provide you with the tips and insight you need to take on the audition process and succeed with confidence.
What to expect from the event
After you book your place, we'll send you an exclusive Zoom link so you can join us to find out more about our undergraduate courses. After each of the course talks, you'll have the opportunity to take part in a Q&A and book a one-to-one session with our Admissions and Wellbeing teams.
The teachers are great. The fact they all have relevant industry experience means you’re getting more than just music tuition – you’re learning about the business; they’re legends."
Elena Tonra (Daughter), Songwriting graduate
FUNDING YOUR COURSE
As an undergraduate student at ICMP, you may be eligible to apply for funding through Student Finance England. The loan is paid to you directly in installments and can be used to cover your course fees or living expenses. You can read more information about our fees and your options whether you're a UK, EU or International student here.