Our next Postgraduate Open Event will take place online on Tuesday 27th June, 4:00- 5:30pm
Our postgraduate virtual open event is the perfect opportunity to find out everything you need to know about studying with us, what it’s like to be a postgraduate student at ICMP and to discover how we can help you fulfil your potential as both a musician and academic.
You’ll have the chance to:
- Chat to our brilliant and friendly academics to discuss the course you’re interested in
- Find out exactly what makes studying at ICMP so special
- Hear from some of our current postgraduate students to discover more about student life and how ICMP has worked for them
- Find out more about our application process for postgraduate courses
- Learn more about our on-campus facilities including our studios, rehearsal rooms, gear hire and music careers and industry liaison team
- Explore our state-of-the-art facilities with our virtual tours
If you have previously studied at ICMP you can also apply for an alumni discount, which entitles you to a £500 discount on our postgraduate programmes.
After you've booked your place, you'll receive your ticket and access link via email - if you don't receive this please contact us here.
What to expect from the event
Our event will open in the format of a webinar with a short talk where we'll go through some of the benefits of postgraduate study for both those looking to change direction in life, but also those students looking to dig deeper into their subject through postgraduate study. She’ll also outline what sets ICMP apart for those opting to either change career or move up to this level of study.
We'll introduce you to our academics and the webinar will split into three individual seminars, one for each of our specialist postgraduate programmes.
Within each seminar our programme leaders will talk you through what their programme entails, outline the benefits of studying at ICMP and introduce you to one of our current postgraduate students. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions throughout, either via chat or personally entering into the live seminar.
We’ll include presentations, videos, PDFs for download, links to our website and VR building tour to ensure all the information you need is just a click away.
Following the individual programme talks, you’ll have the opportunity to re-join the webinar and have the opportunity to take a virtual tour of our facilities.
I have learnt the skills for better time management, academic writing, music arrangement, aural training, various kinds of research methods…critical thinking…self-discipline, and leadership in a band."
Hung Fai Chan, MMus Popular Music Performance