Many aspiring writers amass lots of unfinished song ideas, scribbled in notebooks and on the back of envelopes! This course aims to help you move beyond this and produce completed works. It will provide guidance on how you can develop your creativity, structure your writing sessions, consider genre and produce songs you are proud to share with others, whether those are music publishers, other musicians or just your family and friends.
We teach Songwriting as a craft, not just as a series of tricks and tips, and we do this through understanding song structure, lyrical content and melody writing; the building blocks to songwriting. This course will undoubtedly broaden your musical horizons and will draw a much wider world into your songwriting palette. It is a highly practical course and you will be assigned tasks to complete in each module.
This course includes weekly video feedback
+121 lesson time
The course authors are experienced ICMP tutors and industry professionals Sophie Daniels, Tim Elsenburg, Jonathan Whiskerd and Megan O'Neill. They are recognized professional songwriters who have taught hundreds of aspiring and professional songwriters. Together they have written for or or worked with Simon Cowell, Jamie Cullum, Westlife, Kelly Clarkson, Il Divo, Barbra Streisand, Joshua Blair (Mark Ronson, Bruno Mars), Paul Stanborough (Guy Chambers, Cathy Dennis), Bruce Hughes (Jason Mraz) and Will Hicks (Ed Sheeran, Lily Allen).
On this course you will be guided through the material by an ICMP songwriting expert in weekly video lessons; on top of this expect weekly private video feedback and 121 lesson time during your course. And of course, whilst the course is six weeks in duration, you retain access to the content so can review whenever you need!
Module 1: Introduction to Songwriting
- Lesson 1: Ethos/approach to songwriting
- Lesson 2: What we’ll cover
- Lesson 3: Building blocks
- Lesson 4: Principles of song analysis
- Lesson 5: Group learning
Module 2: The Creative Process
- Lesson 1: Inspiration is for amateurs
- Lesson 2: Unblocking your creativity
- Lesson 3: Generating song ideas
- Lesson 4: Developing song ideas
- Lesson 5: Creative intention
Next start date:
• Tues 27th October 2020
Also available November and December
Want to pay later?
Choose PayPal Credit to get 0% interest for 4 months on this purchase.
Eligible customers only, see PayPal's terms and conditions for more information.
Check here to see if you're eligible for a Short Course Bursary.
- Weekly private video feedback with an ICMP songwriting expert
- 121 lesson time to be used during your course
- Structured 6 week online course including high quality HD videos and support materials
- Student discussion forum
- Download and keep all you course materials
- 6 week course for only £199
- Next start date: Tues 27th October