Music Performance Summer School • Ages 16+ •
For five days in July, we’re opening our doors to help musicians like you hone their skills, not only as an artist, but as an all-round performer. You’ll sharpen your understanding of timing when playing with a group, improve technical patterns specific to your instrument – all within multiple genres, ranging from funk and soul, to blues and rock.
Both solo and group workshops will strengthen your abilities in the practice room and onstage, teaching you a technical shorthand that’ll help move your performance up a gear. These workshops will crescendo in a live showcase at the end of the week, where your new ideas and skills will be given a test-drive alongside your band.
If performing comes naturally, but you want more experience doing it, this course will let you spread your wings and experiment. If performance is something you know you need to work on, this too is an opportunity – to raise your game and improve your confidence. Whatever your reason for joining this increasingly popular course, we just ask that you have at least six months experience in your chosen discipline.
By completing this course, you will:
- Be able to perform competently as part of a band
- Build a strong technique, timing and feel
- Be able to jam confidently with other musicians
- Develop a repertoire of songs
- Understand stylistic characteristics
- Be able to read a chart
- Have an overview of the music industry
Our 2020 Music Performance Summer School will run from Monday 20th July – Friday 24th July 2020.
£299 (includes student materials pack and course tuition)
We're here to help
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on 020 7328 0222 or email@example.com
Did you know?
You can save £98 when you purchase two Summer Schools
- Entry Requirement: Age 16+
- Course length: 5 Days
- Class detail: Monday - Friday
- Start date: Monday 20th July 2020
- Location: ICMP London
- Cost: £299 (includes student materials pack and course tuition)