ICMP’s Music Business and Entrepreneurship is the UK’s first music business Cert HE to give equal weighting to the idea of ‘entrepreneurship’. This groundbreaking one-year programme provides you with a practical solid understanding of the concepts of enterprise and innovation, all solely within the context of the contemporary music business. You’ll spend an exciting year working on real-world music industry projects which foster and encourage your entrepreneurial spirit and natural creativity.
The Cert HE Music Business and Entrepreneurship course is perfect for those wanting to establish a good grounding for a multi-skilled, entrepreneurial portfolio career within the music and wider creative industries, and will provide you with the essential tools, experience and opportunities to launch your own music industry career.
You’ll learn a broad selection of business, management and creative skills in small, personal learning groups, and will be taught by established music business executives and educators whose aim is to help you boost the commercial and creative potential of the artist–business relationship. Collaboration is highly encouraged at ICMP, and will see you promoting musicians from the college’s talent pool – both fellow Cert HE students and those studying a degree. You’ll be given the opportunity to promote them as creative artists as part of your own course content.
Your learning will span the breadth of the music business, through hands-on sessions with esteemed music industry guest visitors and attendance at networking events.
The design of this unique and innovative programme has been informed in consultation with a range of international music organisations, including Warner/Chappell Music, Island Records, PRS for Music, Live Nation, CAA, BMG Rights, Music Week, Spotify, Music Managers Forum, Brace Yourself PR and many more.
At the end of your year of learning, you’ll have developed the skills you need to launch a successful and sustainable portfolio career in the music industry. If you choose to continue your studies, successful completion of this course offers a direct link to the BA (Hons) Music Business and Entrepreneurship at ICMP, allowing you to move straight into the second year of the degree. Whether you decide upon further study or an immediate music business career, you’ll graduate with experience working both independently and as part of a team, and will have the ability to exercise initiative, identify problems, implement effective solutions, and meet strict targets and deadlines. You’ll already have critically assessed new business opportunities, managed music projects and used technology in a music business environment, meaning you’ll be ready to hit the ground running, wherever your next steps take you.
Fees & Funding
Taking a Music Business course at ICMP makes financial sense too, with the fees for ICMP undergraduate courses the same as those at many traditional universities - making studying at ICMP in London great value as well as great fun.
Student Finance: Please visit our Fees page for information on accessing to Student Loans. UK students eligible for Loans are able to borrow the full course fee.
Successful completion of the CertHE Music Business and Entrepreneurship course leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education by The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance.
- Course Code: CEMB
- Institution Code: i25
- View course on UCAS
- Gain a solid understanding of how the music business works and learn to be your own boss.
- Spend a year immersed in real-world music industry projects, collaborating with musicians from ICMP’s rich student talent pool.
- Develop your entrepreneurship, innovation, management, business and creative skills to maximise the potential of the artist–business relationship.
- Connect with music business professionals to build an impressive music industry network.
- Explore course content designed by the UK’s top music industry individuals and businesses.
- Study entrepreneurship in London – a key international music hub with endless opportunities to develop your innovations.
- Attend networking events and music conferences with unrivalled access to respected music industry guests and visitors.
- Learn in small groups in world-class industry-standard facilities, with an enviable number of class-contact teaching hours.
- Apply Now