The highly practical BA (Hons) Music Business and Entrepreneurship is the first music business degree in the UK to give equal weighting to the concept of ‘entrepreneurship’. This groundbreaking programme promotes enterprise and innovation across all three years, and will see you work on real-world industry projects, all with the aim of encouraging your natural creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
The BA (Hons) Music Business and Entrepreneurship course is perfect for those wanting to establish a multi-skilled, entrepreneurial career within the music and wider creative industries, and will provide you with the tools, opportunities and experience you need to develop and launch your music business career. The emphasis on entrepreneurship means you’ll be encouraged and supported to launch and run your own business, with the ability to pitch your ideas as part of NatWest’s Entrepreneur Accelerator programme.
You’ll learn a wide range of management, business and creative skills in small, personalised learning groups, and will be taught by established music industry executives whose aim is to help you maximise the creative and commercial potential of the artist–business relationship. The encouragement of collaboration at ICMP will see you work in partnership with fellow student musicians from the college’s talent pool, promoting them as creative artists as part of your course content.
You’ll discover every aspect of the music business first-hand through sessions with special music industry guest visitors, attendance at music conferences as delegates, and via classes and networking events as part of our connection and partnership with the professional community at London’s Tileyard Studios.
ICMP’s unique and innovative programme has been developed and designed courtesy of a high level of consultation from the music business, with ongoing external feedback provided by global music organisations such as Island Records, Warner/Chappell Music, Live Nation, PRS for Music, Music Week, BMG Rights, Music Managers Forum, Spotify, Brace Yourself PR and many more.
Upon graduation, you’ll have learnt to critically assess new business opportunities and practices, will have gained the ability to undertake and manage a variety of different music projects, will be confident at communicating both orally and in writing, and will have developed a toolkit of ICT skills for application in the wider business environment. You’ll be experienced at working both independently and as part of a team, and will possess the ability to organise, identify problems, exercise initiative, select and implement effective solutions, and meet strict deadlines and targets.
Fees & Funding
Taking a Music Business degree course at ICMP makes financial sense too, with the fees for ICMP music degrees significantly less than those at many traditional universities, and, also much lower than other UK music education providers - making studying music at ICMP in London great value as well as great fun.
2019/20 Course Fees: £7,500 (UK & EU Students) | £9,700 (Non-EU Students)
Please visit our Fees page for information on access to Student Loans.
EU Students, applying to start their course in 2019, will continue to be eligible for both home fee status and have access to student finance. This entitlement will remain in place for the duration of the course. Read more
Successful completion of the BA (Hons) Music Business and Entrepreneurship at ICMP leads to the award of Bachelor of Arts by the University of East London.
- Course Code: BAEM
- Institution Code: i25
- View course on UCAS
- Promotes entrepreneurship and innovation at each year level through work on real-world industry projects, collaborating with and promoting fellow student artists from ICMP’s rich talent pool.
- Develops your management, business and creative skills to maximise the potential of the artist–business relationship.
- Connection with Tileyard Studios and other extensive music industry links enables you to build an impressive music business network.
- Course structure and content designed with high level of input from the UK’s top music industry businesses.
- The London location provides opportunities to develop your business ideas at the heart of the global music industry.
- Attendance at music conferences and networking events, plus unrivalled access to special music industry guest visitors.
- A high level of contact teaching hours delivered in small groups in world-class facilities.
- A creative and inspiring learning environment.