On Friday 3rd September, we'll be hosting two duplicate sessions for incoming students (AM & PM) dedicated to refreshing their study skills.
Join Simon Phillips (Disability and Study Skills Adviser) in any of the two identical online sessions if you’d like some advice and guidance around common academic skills required in higher education. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and you will also be introduced to our free, short online course on research and essay-writing – Pre-Amp.
Topics to be covered include:
• Managing your time and workload
• Asking questions and asking for help/support
• Taking notes in the classroom
• Understanding and planning essays
• Reading and researching
• Essay-writing and using academic language
• Designing and giving presentations
• Using computers / learning new software and systems
Book your place for your preferred session before Friday 27th August.
Morning: 10.30am - 12.30 pm Afternoon: 2.30-4.30 pm