A masterclass for bassists/songwriters interested in learning more about working with an artist to create original music, this will be an informative and interactive session in which students will see how professional players approach the creative process and how to “play for the song” .
The class will cover:
• Taking direction from an artist and responding accordingly.
• Using knowledge of technique/harmony to inform the creative process to help write original basslines to a given brief.
• Creative identity as a session player.
Reasons not to miss this class….
• This is a fantastic opportunity for aspiring musicians to learn more about the invaluable skills needed for today’s modern player.
• This masterclass is aimed at players of all abilities, but is particularly useful for any bassists looking to work with artists/producers.
• This will be an interactive masterclass where students will have the opportunity to receive critique about their ideas from a professional singer-songwriter and studio bassist.
Registration is required for this event. The password for registration will be sent to students by email. Priority seating is available with the Freshers’ Festival Wristband.