Do you have notebooks full of unfinished songs or song ideas that you’ve never been able to take to the next stage? You’re not alone! Lots of aspiring songwriters face creative or other blocks that are holding them back from developing completed work. This two-module, ten-lesson online course will give you the guidance you need to better structure your writing process, focus and expand your creativity, and gain knowledge of a range of musical genres to help with your craft.
Writing great songs doesn’t happen from tricks or quick tips. At ICMP we teach the craft of songwriting – focusing on the foundations of structure, content and melody. This practical course takes you step-by-step through the basic songwriting process and will leave you with a deeper understanding of the craft of songwriting and a broader spectrum of knowledge to draw inspiration from.
Module 1: Songwriting – an introduction
- Lesson 1: The songwriting mindset – ethos and approach
- Lesson 2: What’s covered in this course?
- Lesson 3: Building songwriting foundations
- Lesson 4: Learn the principles of analysing songs
- Lesson 5: Learning in groups
Module 2: Understanding the creative writing process
- Lesson 1: Forget inspiration – that’s for amateurs
- Lesson 2: How to deal with creative blocks
- Lesson 3: The process of song idea generation
- Lesson 4: The process of song idea development
- Lesson 5: Setting creative yet realistic intention as part of your process
START AT ANY TIME!
£39.99 Now £19.99 with code COURSE50
- Learn at your own pace
- Step-by-step structured learning
- Start at any time
- Gain confidence in your songwriting skills
- Course materials are delivered online and are downloadable
- Materials include HD videos