Free lifetime access to IK Multimedia software
Includes T-RackS 5 SE and Amplitube 5 SE.
License provided when you start this course.
The Advanced Post Production Techniques (PT310P) course focuses on the advanced operation of a Pro Tools Ultimate system with HD-series hardware in a professional post production environment.
The course offers technical insights into both Pro Tools Ultimate software and Pro Tools HD-series hardware, and uses a mix of instructor-led sessions and hands-on student activities to enhance learning.
You’ll develop the concepts and skills learnt in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101), Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110) and Pro Tools Production I (PT201) and Pro Tools Production II (Post Production) (PT210P) courses.
This course specifically prepares you to take the Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools Post certification exam. Candidates wishing to sit this must have first passed the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools Software and Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools Post certification exams. ICMP is proud to be the only educational facility in South East England to offer Avid-certified Pro Tools Training to ‘Expert’ level.
By completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Configure and troubleshoot basic Pro Tools | Ultimate system components with HD-series hardware
- Work with Avid HD-series peripherals
- Correct common problems with Pro Tools settings and database files
- Monitor system resource usage and adjust settings as needed
- Exchange sessions and re-map I/O settings
- Use and configure audio/video pull settings
- Use keyboard shortcuts and focus modes to quickly execute tasks and control Pro Tools operations
- Enable and control an Avid PRE from Pro Tools
- Plan and cue foley in a Pro Tools session
- Record foley using an Avid PRE
- Record MIDI foley
- Editing and use advanced keyboard shortcuts for sound design
- Configure advanced settings for using real-time cloud collaboration
- Understand Pro Tools Ultimate mixing concepts and principles
- Perform advanced mixing, apply mixing shortcuts and recognise proper use of Master Faders and VCA Master tracks
- Use advanced automation techniques and workflows, including Latch Prime, static automation options and Preview and Capture modes
- Configuring and enable Satellite Link for mixing, monitoring and outputting audio
- Understand Pro Tools HDX advanced digital dubber workflows
- Sit the Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools Post certification exam
Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Cost: £1750 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
Next start date: Flexible - get in touch here
All students and staff are requested to produce a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT) result, taken within the previous five days, before visiting ICMP.
These test results must be registered with the NHS and the receipt must be presented to a member of staff upon entering the building.
We offer free LFT Tests onsite however, you can also obtain them from most pharmacies.
- Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
- Price: £1750 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
- Start dates: Flexible