Free lifetime access to IK Multimedia software
Includes T-RackS 5 SE and Amplitube 5 SE.
License provided when you start this course.
The Advanced Music Production Techniques (PT310M) course focuses on the advanced operation of a Pro Tools Ultimate system with HD-series hardware in a professional music production environment.
Using a combination of instructor-led sessions and hands-on student activities, the course offers technical insights into both Pro Tools Ultimate software and Pro Tools HD-series hardware.
You’ll build on the concepts and skills learnt in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101), Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110) and Pro Tools Production I (PT201) and Pro Tools Production II (Music Production) (PT210M) courses.
This course specifically prepares you to take the Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools Music certification exam. Candidates wishing to sit this must have first passed the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools and Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools Music certification exams. ICMP is proud to be the only educational facility in South East England to offer Avid-certified Pro Tools Training to ‘Expert’ level.
By completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Configure and troubleshoot basic Pro Tools Ultimate system components with HD-series hardware
- Work with Avid HD-series peripherals
- Correct common problems with Pro Tools settings and database files
- Monitor system resource usage and adjust settings as needed
- Use keyboard shortcuts and focus modes to quickly execute tasks and control Pro Tools operations
- Configure advanced settings for cloud collaboration
- Perform advanced audio importing and recording
- Perform advanced MIDI editing
- Use shortcuts for Nudge settings, Grid settings, and pre-and post-roll auditions
- Apply advanced Beat Detective operations using Collection mode
- Apply advanced Elastic Audio principles
- Understand synchronisation concepts and Pro Tools SYNC HD settings
- Configure and use Satellite Link for music production
- Use real-time cloud collaboration techniques
- Understand Pro Tools Ultimate mixing concepts and principles
- Perform advanced mixing, apply mixing shortcuts and recognise proper use of Master Faders and VCA Master tracks
- Use advanced automation techniques, including Latch Prime, static automation options and Preview and Capture modes
- Prepare and export MIDI data for various transfer scenarios
- Deliver music using AAF and MXF export options
- Sit the Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools Music certification exam
Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Cost: £1500 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
Next start date: Flexible - get in touch here
Enquire about this course here
- Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
- Price: £1500 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
- Start dates: Flexible