Free lifetime access to IK Multimedia software
Includes T-RackS 5 SE and Amplitube 5 SE.
License provided when you start this course.
The Advanced Music Production Techniques (PT310M) course focuses on the advanced operation of a Pro Tools Ultimate system with HD-series hardware in a professional music production environment.
Using a combination of instructor-led sessions and hands-on student activities, the course offers technical insights into both Pro Tools Ultimate software and Pro Tools HD-series hardware.
You’ll build on the concepts and skills learnt in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101), Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110) and Pro Tools Production I (PT201) and Pro Tools Production II (Music Production) (PT210M) courses.
This course specifically prepares you to take the Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools Music certification exam. Candidates wishing to sit this must have first passed the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools and Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools Music certification exams. ICMP is proud to be the only educational facility in South East England to offer Avid-certified Pro Tools Training to ‘Expert’ level.
By completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Configure and troubleshoot basic Pro Tools Ultimate system components with HD-series hardware
- Work with Avid HD-series peripherals
- Correct common problems with Pro Tools settings and database files
- Monitor system resource usage and adjust settings as needed
- Use keyboard shortcuts and focus modes to quickly execute tasks and control Pro Tools operations
- Configure advanced settings for cloud collaboration
- Perform advanced audio importing and recording
- Perform advanced MIDI editing
- Use shortcuts for Nudge settings, Grid settings, and pre-and post-roll auditions
- Apply advanced Beat Detective operations using Collection mode
- Apply advanced Elastic Audio principles
- Understand synchronisation concepts and Pro Tools SYNC HD settings
- Configure and use Satellite Link for music production
- Use real-time cloud collaboration techniques
- Understand Pro Tools Ultimate mixing concepts and principles
- Perform advanced mixing, apply mixing shortcuts and recognise proper use of Master Faders and VCA Master tracks
- Use advanced automation techniques, including Latch Prime, static automation options and Preview and Capture modes
- Prepare and export MIDI data for various transfer scenarios
- Deliver music using AAF and MXF export options
- Sit the Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools Music certification exam
Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Cost: £1500 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
Next start date: Flexible - get in touch here
All students and staff are requested to produce a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT) result, taken within the previous five days, before visiting ICMP.
These test results must be registered with the NHS and the receipt must be presented to a member of staff upon entering the building.
We offer free LFT Tests onsite however, you can also obtain them from most pharmacies.
- Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
- Price: £1500 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
- Start dates: Flexible