Free lifetime access to IK Multimedia software
Includes T-RackS 5 SE and Amplitube 5 SE.
License provided when you start this course.
The Pro Tools Production II (Music Production) course is designed for those with intermediate level Pro Tools skills and an interest in learning how to use Pro Tools Ultimate systems with HD-series hardware as part of their career.
Concepts and skills learned in the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101), Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110) and Pro Tools Production I (PT201)[M1] courses – all prerequisites for this course – are reinforced with practical music-specific examples.
This course specifically prepares you to take the Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools Music certification exam. Candidates wishing to sit this must have first passed the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam. ICMP is proud to be the only educational facility in South East England to offer Avid-certified Pro Tools Training to an ‘Expert’ level.
By completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Set up MIDI devices for use with Pro Tools
- Match a session’s tempo to an existing audio performance
- Control plugins with MIDI controllers
- Utilise advanced MIDI and audio recording options
- Share tracks for collaboration using a variety of techniques
- Record multiple takes to playlists
- Use Playlists view and assemble a composite performance
- Use Dynamic Transport for working with loops
- Use Beat Detective for a variety of purposes
- Use advanced MIDI production techniques, including the Restore Performance function, Select/Split Notes function, MIDI Editor windows and Score Editor window
- Create drum patterns using MIDI and enhance drum performances with MIDI drums and/or drum samples
- Work with Bar/Beat Markers and the Graphic Tempo Editor
- Add and edit Key Change events
- Use catalogues for sound libraries
- Use Cut Time, Insert Time and clip groups for song arrangement
- Apply static automation techniques
- Use Preview and Punch Preview workflows
- Fine-tune automation using Trim mode
- Bounce and render stems and create final bounces in a variety of ways
- Sit the associated certification exam
Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Cost: £750 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
Next start date:
Enquire about this course here
- Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
- Price: £750(includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
- Start dates: TBC