Free lifetime access to IK Multimedia software
Includes T-RackS 5 SE and Amplitube 5 SE.
License provided when you start this course.
PLUS: Save £100 with our bundle offer
Pro Tools PT201 & PT210M - Production Course
The Pro Tools Production I (PT201) course covers the core concepts and skills you need to operate an Avid Pro Tools Ultimate system with HD-series hardware in a professional studio environment.
You’ll expand your production skills in a short space of time, as you learn to customise the configuration of Pro Tools HD Native systems to maximise results and improve recording, editing and mixing workflows.
Hands-on exercises provide you with experience optimising system resources, configuring I/O, navigating and colour-coding sessions, managing session media, and using advanced selection and auditioning techniques. You’ll also work with clip gain, apply advanced automation techniques, create submixes, and apply parallel processing, advanced mixing and finishing techniques for a final mixdown.
This course provides the foundational training for the Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools Music and Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools Post-certification exams. Candidates wishing to sit either of these must-have passed the Avid Certified User: Pro tools certification exam first. ICMP is proud to be the only educational facility in South East England to offer Avid-certified Pro Tools Training to ‘Expert’ level.
By completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Configure settings to optimise a Pro Tools Ultimate system with HD-series hardware
- Customise I/O settings
- Work with window configurations
- Manage voice allocation and disk allocation options
- Share tracks for collaboration using a variety of techniques
- Index volumes for quick searching with a Workspace browser
- Use advanced selection, nudging and shifting techniques
- Use advanced auditioning techniques, including pre-and post-roll auditions
- Use alternate Edit tools and advanced editing techniques
- Use clip alignment techniques, such as snap-to-heads, snap-to-tails and snap-to-sync point
- Use basic Commands Keyboard Focus mode shortcuts
- Work with clip gain
- Use advanced automation, including AutoMatch, Manual Write and Write on Stop functions
- Set up and use AFL and PFL solo modes
- Use submixing techniques and bus interrogation techniques
- Work with VCA Master tracks
- Understand a variety of common mixdown techniques
Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
Cost: £500 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
- 26th February 2024
- 20th May 2024
- Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
- Price: £500 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
- Start Dates: 26th February 2024 and 20th May 2024