Studying Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), you’ll learn to build sessions designed for commercial purposes and improve the results of your recording, editing and mixing efforts.
You’ll work on a range of practical exercises that help you to gain experience setting up sessions, importing media, working with digital video, spotting sound effects, and working with virtual instruments. In addition, you’ll start warping with Elastic Audio, applying Real-Time Properties, using loop recording and MIDI Merge techniques, creating clip loops, applying signal processing, using automation, and using submixes and track groups to simplify a final mix.
Together with Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101), this course provides the training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam, making it easy to take your professional career to the next level. ICMP is proud to be the only educational facility in South East England to offer Avid-certified Pro Tools Training to an ‘Expert’ level.
By completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Manage large track counts and multiple channels of simultaneous inputs and outputs
- Create appropriate Pro Tools software and hardware settings
- Select appropriate settings in the Playback Engine dialog
- Set up and modify input/output (I/O) settings
- Assess and integrate virtual instruments and specialised plugins for specific music
- Utilise advanced recording techniques to capture multiple record takes in succession
- Analyse Elastic Audio processors and methods to select appropriate options
- Utilise Elastic Audio techniques and MIDI Real-Time Properties to achieve the desired tempo and/or rhythmic effects and outcomes
- Apply clip-based editing techniques to audio and MIDI tracks
- Incorporate automated mixing techniques into a Pro Tools workflow for selective [M1] during a session post-production tasks automation
- Sit the associated certification exam
Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Cost: £450 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
Next start date: 4th November