Free lifetime access to IK Multimedia software
Includes T-RackS 5 SE and Amplitube 5 SE.
License provided when you start this course.
Save £50 with our bundle offer
Pro Tools 101 & 110 - The Fundamentals
Studying Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), you’ll learn to build sessions designed for commercial purposes and improve the results of your recording, editing and mixing efforts.
You’ll work on a range of practical exercises that help you to gain experience setting up sessions, importing media, working with digital video, spotting sound effects, and working with virtual instruments. In addition, you’ll start warping with Elastic Audio, applying Real-Time Properties, using loop recording and MIDI Merge techniques, creating clip loops, applying signal processing, using automation, and using submixes and track groups to simplify a final mix.
Together with Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101), this course provides the training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam, making it easy to take your professional career to the next level. ICMP is proud to be the only educational facility in South East England to offer Avid-certified Pro Tools Training to an ‘Expert’ level.
By completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Manage large track counts and multiple channels of simultaneous inputs and outputs
- Create appropriate Pro Tools software and hardware settings
- Select appropriate settings in the Playback Engine dialog
- Set up and modify input/output (I/O) settings
- Assess and integrate virtual instruments and specialised plugins for specific music
- Utilise advanced recording techniques to capture multiple record takes in succession
- Analyse Elastic Audio processors and methods to select appropriate options
- Utilise Elastic Audio techniques and MIDI Real-Time Properties to achieve the desired tempo and/or rhythmic effects and outcomes
- Apply clip-based editing techniques to audio and MIDI tracks
- Incorporate automated mixing techniques into a Pro Tools workflow for selective [M1] during a session post-production tasks automation
- Sit the associated certification exam
Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Cost: £450 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
Available start dates:
- Wednesday 11th August 2021
- Wednesday 10th November 2021
All students and staff are requested to produce a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT) result, taken within the previous five days, before visiting ICMP.
These test results must be registered with the NHS and the receipt must be presented to a member of staff upon entering the building.
We offer free LFT Tests onsite however, you can also obtain them from most pharmacies.
- Duration: 3 days (24 hours)
- Location: Kilburn, London
- Price: £450 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
- Start dates: in August and November
- Purchase as part of a bundle to save £50