The Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course introduces essential Pro Tools concepts and principles, covering all you need to know to see a Pro Tools creation through from start to finish.
With support from your tutor, you’ll learn to build sessions that include multi-track recordings of live audio, MIDI sequences and virtual instruments.
Learning is very hands-on and you’ll complete a string of exercises and projects which introduce essential techniques for creative sessions. You’ll cover fundamental skills such as recording and importing audio and MIDI, and will learn how to edit session media, navigate sessions, arrange media on tracks, and use basic processing and mixing techniques to finalise a production. You’ll also receive a download of media files and Pro Tools sessions to complement your exercises and projects.
Together with the second course in our series, Pro Tools Fundamentals II (PT110), this programme provides the introductory training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam, making it easy to take your professional career to the next level. ICMP is proud to be the only educational facility in South East England to offer Avid-certified Pro Tools Training to an ‘Expert’ level.
By completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Create a Pro Tools session document or cloud-enabled project with appropriate parameter settings
- Accomplish common audio production tasks
- Employ navigation and editing skills in a multi-track Pro Tools document
- Incorporate professional recording and mixing techniques for audio and MIDI files in the Pro Tools environment
- Analyse and interpret session file structures
- Recognise and navigate the user interface and tool set
Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
Cost: £300 (includes official AVID Courseware and course tuition)
Next start date: 2nd November 2020