Free lifetime access to IK Multimedia software
Includes T-RackS 5 SE and Amplitube 5 SE.
License provided when you start this course.
Beginner - No previous learning is required, however a passion for music and production is essential!
This course is the perfect opportunity for electronic music fans to spend 6 evenings learning how to create music using Ableton Live. From sampling through to mastering, you’ll finish the course knowing how to harness the power of Ableton to create your own tracks and take them into a live performance environment.
You’ll learn to create music in any style or genre that takes your fancy, and we’ll also introduce you to Ableton’s brilliant Push tool and teach you how to use it to speed up your workflow and get hands-on with your music.
By enrolling on this course you'll also get lifetime access to £200 of free music software, courtesy of IK Multimedia!
By completing this course, you will:
- Gain the necessary Ableton Live skills to create your own tracks from start to finish
- Learn about time-stretching, quantisation, warping and arranging with a dynamic timeline
- Create your own instruments - learn how create your own instruments using any source, allowing you to become independent from pre-made libraries
- Understand how to use Drum Rack for internal routing, helping you to keep your projects tidy and organized
- Beats and Grooves - create your own grooves and bring life into your patterns by extracting and applying grooves
- The fundamentals of using Ableton's powerful Push tool
- Mixing and Mastering - learn how to use Ableton's inbuilt devices to mix and master your tracks
Course start dates:
- Thursday 5th August 2021
- Tuesday 7th September 2021
Sessions are held in the evening between 7pm and 9pm at our campus in Kilburn.
All equipment is provided, simply bring a pen and paper to take down those all-important Ableton Live tips and tricks!
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on
020 7328 0222 or email@example.com
View our full range of part-time music courses
Working in partnership with Shield Safety Group, we have conducted a rigorous risk assessment, self-assessment and completed eLearning courses to ensure we are confident to welcome students on site. Find out more here.
All students and staff are requested to produce a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT) result, taken within the previous five days, before visiting ICMP.
These test results must be registered with the NHS and the receipt must be presented to a member of staff upon entering the building.
We offer free LFT Tests onsite however, you can also obtain them from most pharmacies.
FINE TUNE SCHEME
Could you be eligible for a free place on this course?
We're offering a bursary for up to 60 students on a range of our short music courses for those who have no previous experience of Higher Education.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Location: Kilburn, London
- Day/Time: Evenings 7-9pm.
- Cost: £199 (includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)
- All equipment provided
- Next start date: Thursday 5th August 2021
- Get £200 of free software when you book this course