The Introduction to Songwriting course offers techniques on the craft of writing songs and includes an introductory breakdown and analysis of songwriting content, style, genre, song structure, harmony, melody, creating arrangements and lyric writing.
This course provides an introduction to topics such as lyric writing, song form, arrangement and theory, aided by weekly set tasks and feedback to help you exercise these skills. You will also benefit from three songwriting workshops with a specialist held at ICMP London. Whilst the course duration is 6 weeks, you will still have access to the online content once the course has ended so you can review it whenever you need.
By completing this course, you will:
- Have an awareness of content, style and genre
- Understand song structure and how it can be used
- Have an awareness of harmony and melody
- Understand the creative process
- Have an awareness of the lyric writing process
Beginner - No previous learning is required, however a passion for songwriting is essential!
Available start dates:
• Tuesday 3rd April 2018
Sessions are held on Tuesday evenings between 7 pm and 9 pm at our campus in Kilburn.
(includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on
020 7328 0222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Location: ICMP London, Kilburn
- Start Dates: 3rd April
- Day/Time: Tuesday evenings 7- 9pm.
- Cost: £199 (includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)