The Introduction to Songwriting course offers techniques on the craft of writing songs and includes an introductory breakdown and analysis of songwriting content, style, genre, song structure, harmony, melody, creating arrangements and lyric writing.
This course provides an introduction to topics such as lyric writing, song form, arrangement and theory, aided by weekly set tasks and feedback to help you exercise these skills. Whilst the course duration is 6 weeks, you will still have access to the online content once the course has ended so you can review it whenever you need.
By completing this course, you will:
- Have an awareness of content, style and genre
- Understand song structure and how it can be used
- Have an awareness of harmony and melody
- Understand the creative process
- Have an awareness of the lyric writing process
Beginner - No previous learning is required, however a passion for songwriting is essential!
The next course start date is on Tuesday 3rd November 2020
Sessions are held in the evening between 7 pm and 9 pm at our campus in Kilburn.
(includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on
020 7328 0222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Working in partnership with Shield Safety Group, we have conducted a rigorous risk assessment, self-assessment and completed eLearning courses to ensure we are confident to welcome students on site. Find out more here.
View our full range of part-time music courses
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Location: ICMP London, Kilburn
- Day/Time: Evenings 7- 9pm.
- Cost: £199 (includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)
- Next start date: Tuesday 3rd November