The Introduction to Songwriting course offers techniques on the craft of writing songs and includes an introductory breakdown and analysis of songwriting content, style, genre, song structure, harmony, melody, creating arrangements and lyric writing.
This course provides an introduction to topics such as lyric writing, song form, arrangement and theory, aided by weekly set tasks and feedback to help you exercise these skills. Whilst the course duration is 6 weeks, you will still have access to the online content once the course has ended so you can review it whenever you need.
By completing this course, you will:
- Have an awareness of content, style and genre
- Understand song structure and how it can be used
- Have an awareness of harmony and melody
- Understand the creative process
- Have an awareness of the lyric writing process
Beginner - No previous learning is required, however a passion for songwriting is essential!
Course start dates:
- Tuesday 4th May 2021
- Thursday 3rd June 2021
Sessions are held in the evening between 7 pm and 9 pm at our campus in Kilburn.
(includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)
Should you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us on
020 7328 0222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Working in partnership with Shield Safety Group, we have conducted a rigorous risk assessment, self-assessment and completed eLearning courses to ensure we are confident to welcome students on site. Find out more here.
View our full range of part-time music courses
FINE TUNE SCHEME
Could you be eligible for a free place on this course?
We're offering a bursary for up to 60 students on a range of our short music courses for those who have no previous experience of Higher Education.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Location: ICMP London, Kilburn
- Day/Time: Evenings 7- 9pm.
- Cost: £199 (includes student materials pack, supporting audio and course tuition)
- Next start date: Tuesday 4th May 2021