The Level 3 Music Performance course is delivered by Access to Music, who are leading specialists in the field of popular music at further education. You will focus on developing the skills needed for successful live and recorded performance. Delivery is focused around practical rehearsal sessions in fully-equipped band rehearsal rooms with opportunities to perform at events in London and at national events and festivals.
You will study
The course covers all the areas need to develop your music performance skills: musicianship, songwriting, rehearsal, repertoire development, recording and performance with technology, business awareness and promotion. Assessment is based around practical project work.
- Centred around artist and band-based rehearsals in fully-equipped rehearsal rooms.
- Ideal for young musicians aged 16+. We work with guitarists, bass players, keyboard players, drummers, vocalists, singer/ songwriters, percussionists, horn players, string players. Whatever you play we can help you develop your skills!
- For musicians into creating and performing any style of popular music, from metal, indie and alternative to folk, funk, soul, jazz and blues.
- Based around real-world projects with opportunities to record and perform. Performances include gigs in local venues to opportunities to perform at festivals such as Latitude. Our students also get to perform at industry showcases, such as the Island Records talent showcase.
- Designed to give you more than music in that you will also gain valuable job skills and life skills.
- Linked to nationally-recognised music qualifications designed by Access to Music and RSL.
- The 2-year Extended Diploma can generate up to 420 UCAS credits.
- Progression can be to higher education courses at ICMP and at other universities.