Whether you’ll be continuing your academic journey, or you’re returning to studying after a break, we are sure you'll benefit from our free online course, PreAmp which will help refresh your academic and study skills.
This course will take place using our learning platform, Canvas - which you'll use throughout your studies and features modules to be taken at your own pace including how to:
- Make and take effective notes for studying
- Carry out basic academic reading/research
- Build a structured academic argument
- Write in formal language, suitable for academic purposes
- Plan and write a short academic essay
Each activity should take no more than an hour to complete and your answers are confidential. If you would like any feedback though, or you have any questions about the course, please get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PreAmp: Study Skills
During this short course we will ask you to:
- Read information and watch videos
- Complete short quizzes
- Write a short essay -we're available to help!
Your tutor: Simon Philips
This course has been put together by Simon Philips to help prepare you for joining ICMP this September. As Study Skills Tutor and one of the Advisers within the ICMP Wellbeing & Disability team, Simon's work consists of reducing the barriers to studying which can affect students for a variety of reasons.