ICMP has launched the new academic year with the completion of the first phase of an extensive campus redevelopment.
The unveiling of the enhanced facilities has helped kick off the new term in style, hosting a range of events including sessions with music legends Bob Harris and Blur’s Dave Rowntree.
With new live performance spaces, additional studios, practice facilities and a new library, the development provides a learning facility specifically designed to meet the needs of the modern music student.
Paul Kirkham, ICMP’s Chief Executive, said:
ICMP is committed to the development of a world-class learning environment. Our completely refurbished facilities, which are available to all students free of charge for personal practice outside of timetabled hours, provide the perfect platform for them to build their skills, both academically and professionally, and develop successful careers in the music industry."
Pete Whittard, ICMP’s Business Development Director, said:
"The work to enhance our facilities has been the biggest project we’ve ever undertaken. Importantly, we made sure our students had the opportunity to provide their input into its planning to help us create a 21st century learning space where creativity and collaboration is key."
Nick Gauntlett, ICMP Student President, said:
The new building has a great feel and aesthetic to it. The upgraded facilities are world class, and really help to create an environment conducive to playing and studying music. It feels very open and has a lot of natural light - I find it a very inspiring space to work in."
Our extensive refurbishment includes:
- Six new live performance spaces
- a second Audient Studio with an ASP89024 12 Channel Heritage desk and iMac Pro 2018 has replaced our Soundcraft studio. We have also added an additional vocal booth to be shared between this and the post production room
- a post production studio featuring a Genelec 5.1 surround system and Avid Artist controller
- a Genelec 5.1 surround system has been added to the Audient studio with an ASP510 controller added to the desk. A new iMac Pro 2018 has also been included
- seven tech rooms on the third floor alongside three production booths. All have permanent vocal set ups with sE Electronics Reflexion Filters and sE Electronics microphones
- an additional production booth with a permanent set up for our Pioneer CDJ decks and mixer. This contains a Focusrite Scarlett interface and an opportunity for students to bring a laptop and work out of the box
- an additional 30 iD4 interfaces through our growing Audient partnership installed in our largest tech room. We also have brand new Nektar Impact LX25 midi controllers
- the entire third floor is now a re-vitalised learning hub with the addition of a much larger library and industry liaison and music business suite.
Come and see for yourself
We'd love to show you around our new facilities! We run regular Open Days and Backstage Pass Tours, these events offer you the opportunity to view our facilities, learn more about our programmes, meet our tutors and see our students perform live. Find out about our next Open Day and how to book your place here.
For further information contact our friendly Admissions team on 020 7328 0222 or via email email@example.com