ICMP’s Cert HE Live Event and Festival Management course looks to the future of the live events and festival sector. Developed in consultation with key bodies in the industry, it has the ever-evolving live music ecosystem at its core. Across the one-year course, you’ll develop management, creative and entrepreneurial skills, gain real-world live industry experience and be encouraged to consider the future of the live music industry.
A comprehensive introduction to the live event environment, you’ll study wide-ranging topics including venue management, events marketing, event producing, promoting and more. From day one, you’ll start to become familiar with the language of live events as you explore business jargon and learn how live music professionals communicate with each other. You’ll develop a variety of hands-on project management skills, as you learn what it takes to build a successful business in the live events field.
As part of your study, you’ll work in a live production space, picking up highly practical skills like running soundchecks, setting up basic lighting rigs, understanding the importance and challenges of hosting ‘zero carbon’ events and learning techniques for getting the most out of a live production team.
Successful live music events rely heavily on digital technology, so you’ll learn to build a creative online campaign with cut through, as you explore the principles of content creation and content marketing.
Designed for a new generation of UK live events and festival professionals, this innovative and unique course has been developed in consultation with a range of industry bodies including the Music Venue Trust.
You’ll study in small, personal learning groups with guidance from established live event tutors. At the end of your year of learning, you’ll have a broad understanding of the skills and knowledge needed to run innovative, inclusive, diverse and environmentally sustainable live music events and festivals across the multi-billion-pound UK live events industry. Or, if you choose to continue your studies, successful completion of this course offers a direct link to ICMP’s BA (Hons) Live Event and Festival Management degree, or the second year of any of our School of Music Business undergraduate degrees.
Fees & Funding
Taking the Cert HE Live Event Management course at ICMP in London is great value as well as great fun, with fees for ICMP music courses similar to those at many other UK universities
Course Fees: UK Students
Student Finance: Please visit our Fees page for information on accessing to Student Loans. UK students eligible for Loans are able to borrow the full course fee.
Click to view the full terms and conditions of applying to study at ICMP.
Successful completion of the CertHE Live Events and Festival Management course leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education by The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance.*
*Subject to validation
Experience ICMP in-person with our
Open Day in London
Featuring information about this course, the many benefits of studying here, tour our facilities and much more.
You can also join our online event or book a personalised tour.
- Course Code: 9292
- Institution Code: i25
- View course on UCAS
- Build your knowledge with this cutting-edge course, designed for the new era of the live events and festival industry.
- Realise your creative and entrepreneurial potential with specialised live event management modules.
- Study course content designed in collaboration with top UK music industry bodies such as the Music Venue Trust, festival organisers and the nation’s best booking agents.
- Discover the live music ecosystem, exploring large events companies, the non-profit sector and grassroots organisations and venues.
- Examine what it takes to manage an events business, with marketing, financial, management and legal support.
- Make music business connections and gain first-hand real-world events experience.
- Collaborate with like-minded peers from ICMP’s rich talent pool.
- Grow your skills in London – a global music city with never-ending creative events opportunities.