The digital world never stands still. Constantly evolving technologies and innovations shape the ways we interact with people, products and businesses — and influence the decisions we make. And so, to reach their audiences and get their voices heard online, brands and creatives have to keep up with the changes.
Whether you’re trying to get established as an artist or producer, or want to kickstart a marketing career in the music industry, this one-year CertHE Digital Marketing & Music Management is all about getting yourself — or your brand — noticed. Through six immersive modules we’ll teach you the latest digital marketing techniques, guided by the experts, and use our industry contacts and experience to show you the inner workings of the music business.
You’ll begin your first semester with Understanding the Music Industry, where we’ll take you behind the scenes of the music business, from writing and recording to publishing and distributing. Next, we’ll give you an Introduction to Digital Marketing, taking you through the key principles, practices and platforms of both digital and general marketing. You'll also learn about Content Creation & Social Media, looking at how each platform works and how you can create content to fit.
During your second semester you’ll discover what it means to be an entrepreneur in the Exploring Entrepreneurship module, using what you learn to promote your brand, business, or qualifications with confidence. Next comes Market Research Methodologies, where you'll get an insight into what makes people tick and what that means for your brand. Finally, Music Marketing & Release Strategies gives you hands-on experience of releasing your own music, covering marketing, DIY release campaigns and digital distribution.
Through a mixture of traditional lectures, seminars, practicals and workshops, by the end of the year you’ll have the foundational skills and understanding you need to kickstart your career. Or you can continue your studies; the CertHE is equivalent to the first year of our BA (Hons) Digital Marketing & Music Management, so you can pick up where you left off in Year 2 if you want to learn more. All in all, the CertHe Digital Marketing & Music Management is a launchpad for your industry ambitions — wherever you want to go next.
UK Students - Apply via UCAS
If you’d like to study with us this year, then you’ll need to start thinking about submitting your UCAS application. The deadline for degree applications is 6pm, Wednesday 26th January 2022.
UCAS codes for this programme are: Course Code: CDMM • Institution Code: i25
UCAS Application Information
Successful completion of the Cert HE Digital Marketing & Music Management course leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education by The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance.
Please note, this programme is currently subject to validation.
- Course Code: CDMM
- Institution Code: i25
- View course on UCAS
- Build skills in digital marketing and music management in this cutting-edge course, designed for modern digital platforms.
- Realise practical, creative and entrepreneurial potential through workshops, hands-on experience and traditional seminars and lectures.
- Discover how the industry works, from creating through to recording and distributing.
- Find — and use — the best online platforms to grow your following and engage and influence your fanbase.
- Leverage newfound entrepreneurial skills and data tools to grow and analyse your online performance.
- Network with digital marketing professionals and get a unique insight into the industry with real, lived experience.
- Collaborate with like-minded peers from ICMP's rich talent pool.
- Grow your skills in London — a global city with never-ending creative opportunities.