The BA (Hons) Music Business course is an energetic hands-on course designed for those wanting to establish a career as an entrepreneur within the music and wider creative industries.
You’ll learn how the music business operates thanks to our expert tutors, who are both accredited teachers and established music professionals working in the industry. They’ll guide you in each aspect of the business by placing you within the industry itself; immersing you in a creative and entrepreneurial environment which may include discussing the music business face-to-face with special music industry guest visitors, attending festivals and international music conferences as delegates, and undertaking classes and networking events at London’s Tileyard Studios – our exclusive industry partner and home to the UK’s largest professional music community.
In small, personalised learning groups, you’ll be taught real-world management principles and a broad range of business skills, helping you to maximise the creative and commercial potential of the artist–business relationship. Your tutors will encourage your natural creativity and entrepreneurial spirit via work on actual industry projects, with the opportunity to collaborate with and promote fellow student artists from the rich ICMP talent pool.
In Year 3 of the Music Business degree, you’ll be given the unique chance to plan, develop, present, launch and receive mentorship on your own business, with the opportunity to continue this industry venture after you leave ICMP. During your time with us, you’ll also develop a broad range of practical expertise, including skills in digital, event management, video editing, social media, graphic design and pitching, which are ultimately aimed at allowing you to enter the industry ‘career-ready’ immediately after graduation.
By joining the ICMP Music Business course in London, you can help to manage, guide and structure the musical successes of the future.
Courses at ICMP fill up fast. If you’re passionate about music and want to secure your place with us, the time to start your application is today!
Fees & Funding
Taking a Music Business degree course at ICMP makes financial sense too, with the fees for ICMP music degrees significantly less than those at many traditional universities, and, also much lower than other UK music education providers - making studying music at ICMP in London great value as well as great fun.
2018/19 Course Fees: £6,700 (UK & EU Students) | £9,200 (Non-EU Students)
EU Students, applying to start their course in either 2018 or 2019, will continue to be eligible for both home fee status and have access to student finance. This entitlement will remain in place for the duration of the course. Read more
Successful completion of the BA (Hons) Music Business at ICMP leads to the award of Bachelor of Arts by the University of South Wales.
ICMP is a collaborative partner of the University of South Wales.
- Course Code: W375
- Institution Code: i25
- View course on UCAS
- Develops your entrepreneurial, business and networking skills to maximise your creative ability.
- A personalised learning experience which prepares you for a portfolio career within music and the wider creative industries.
- Fosters your business and management skills by collaborating with and promoting fellow student artists from ICMP’s rich artist pool.
- Connection with Tileyard Studios and other extensive music industry links enables you to build an impressive music business network.
- The London location provides opportunities to develop your business ideas at the heart of the global music industry.
- You’ll benefit from unrivalled access to major names from the world of record labels, A&R, publishers and promoters.
- A high level of contact teaching hours is delivered in small groups in world-class facilities.
- A creative and inspiring learning environment.