Here's some of the great things that have been happening at the ICMP over the past week:
- The ICMP has had over 40 students this week audition for the next series of the BBC One's The Voice. We send all those students the best of luck with their auditions.
- On 11th March leading cruise ship and luxury hotel agency Front of House auditioned 15 function acts from ICMP for their summer season, with 5 of them subsequently confirmed for auditions with tour companies.
- Music Industry Advisory Panel is meeting regularly to look at the ICMP programme portfolio and co-curricular activities. The panel includes Mike Smith, Vice President of A&R at Virgin EMI, and Diane Wagg, co-chair of the Music Managers Forum.
- The next A&R 1:1 sessions with students are with Charlie Knox. Charlie is from Capitol Records and was instrumental in signing Sam Smith to the label.
- The Hub will be staging an Industry Mixer event on the 28th April, which will be an opportunity for ICMP students and alumni to network with high profile industry professionals. Details of industry guests in areas such as A&R, Management, PR and Live will be released soon.
- Tim Ferrone from Wrapped Up Music brings his expertise to the ICMP to talk to students about promotion and marketing of music, and some of the best techniques in the modern music industry.
- Ben Evans from the firm Blake Morgan attended the ICMP to give students an understanding of the legal requirements in the music industry, and how vital a part it plays in modern music.
- Metal group, Cypher 16, made up of alumni, Jack Doolam, Carl Dawkins and Will Cass, have a 3-page interview in Metal Hammer.
- Alumna Dakota had a UK top 3 and a global hit as the vocalist on the Jonas Blue track 'Fast Car'.