Home Recording Essentials
Our Production and Performance tutor Craig Lowe talks us through the essential kit you'll need to start recording your music from home.
Craig has got it covered; in this video, he tells you all about the equipment he personally uses in his home studio, including his preferred microphone, MIDI controller, and audio interface.
But there's more...
As you’re passionate about music production, and we currently all have extra time to focus on our goals, you can now book a 15-minute video call with the Programme Leader for the Cert HE Creative Music Production.
This is your chance to ask anything you want! Find out more about studying at ICMP, get some feedback on your latest work, explore a specific technique, or else...
Cert HE Creative Music Production
What to look forward to when you start in September…
- Start to establish a working knowledge of Pro Tools, Logic Pro, and Ableton Live.
- Learn in professional environments using high-tech industry-standard Audient facilities.
- Access dedicated production rooms and a wide range of outboard gear, synths, and drum machines.
- Career-focused artist development, designed to prepare you for life as a professional music producer.
- Acquire entrepreneurial and networking skills.
- Develop your creative skills through regular collaboration with fellow students and artists from ICMP’s rich and varied creative community.
- Connect with the wider London music industry, and build an impressive network of contacts.
- Our tutors will provide a wealth of knowledge, advice, and insights to complement your core production skills. They’ve worked with the likes of Mark Ronson, Ian Brown, Kylie Minogue, Robbie Williams, Janet Jackson, Kelis, London Grammar, Tinie Tempah, Carl Cox, The Dub Pistols, Paul McCartney, and One Direction.
- Gain access to exclusive masterclasses. Previous guests include Andrew Scheps (Adele, Red Hot Chili Peppers), Mark Ralph (Jess Glynne, Craig David), and Bernard Butler (Suede, Duffy, The Libertines).