Fancy being part of an international student production competition and winning some cool digital production software??
ICMP are proud to be hosting a very special production competition open to students from a range of our prestigious international partner schools.
Students competing in the competition will have their submissions heard by an international industry panel, offering entrants international exposure for their original tracks.
For the two winners, we’ve teamed up with the incredible software manufacturers at IK Multimedia to sponsor the competition! IK Multimedia have generously donated 2 professional software bundles offering the winners a vast selection of tools to enhance and elevate their music to industry release standard.
The competition is open throughout the month of May, exclusively to students from our international partner schools...
Prize! Total Studio 3 Max worth €600
Three talented producers will win the amazing Total Studio 3 Max software bundle from IK Multimedia. With a massive 143 included products, Total Studio 3.5 MAX covers every stage of music production: composing, producing, designing, mixing, mastering, and playing.
How to enter
Submitting your track to our international panel of judges is simple. You have a month to submit your track, the competition is open to all genres of music and there's no minim/maximum length for your composition. Our only stipulations are that it is an original composition and not a cover.
The competition is open throughout May 2022.
The deadline for entries is: 31st May
Judging will take place during the first two weeks of June and the winners will be announced in the final week of June.
Ace is Head of Industry Partnerships and business development at ICMP London. Ace is also the guitarist of UK band Skunk Anansie, who have extensively toured the world and released records for the past 25 years.
Robert is Professor for Guitar & Ensemble and Head of Study Program on the BA Music Production and the BMus Popular Music programmes at SOPA Berlin (SRH). As a professional guitarist, composer and recording artist, Robert has released a number of solo albums and worked and toured with various national and international artists over the past 20 years.
Diego is a Programme Leader at CPM Music Institute, Italy. Over the years he's worked with Elio and Le Storie Tese, Dargen d’Amico, Verdena, Paola & Chiara, Haiducii and many others. He is composer and musical director who has worked on ceremonies and major international events including EXPO 2015, XI Paralympic Games in Sochi (Russia), Asian Games in Jakarta, FIFA Best Award, Dubai 2017 World Cup, F1 Milan Festival.
Lelio is a co-founder, and currently Director, of L'Accademia where he teaches guitar, ensemble classes and songwriting. He has a long career in teaching guitar at several major Italian music schools, composed soundtracks for video and movies and released a number of solo albums.
Dominik is a Lecturer for Music Production at the VMI. As a multi-talented musician, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and music producer, he's worked extensively on an international level.
Submit your track
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This competition is open exclusively to current students from the following schools: ICMP (UK), VMI (Austria), LACM Los Angeles, L’Accademia (Italy), CPM Music Institute (Italy), The Hub Academy (Italy), Drumtrainer (Germany), Malmö Academy of Music, and SRH (Germany). Alumni or externals won’t be able to enter the competition.
- This Competition opens at 12 noon on Monday 2nd May 2022. Closing date for receipt of entries is midnight on Thursday 31st May 2022. Any entries received after the closing time will not be eligible. Winners will be announced on or before June 30th, 2022.
- To enter the competition, students need to submit their original track and details via ICMP's submission form on this page. The track will be submitted as a link. This can be a link to Soundcloud, Spotify, or any cloud service (Google Drive, OneDrive, etc).
- The Entrant must be the producer, or a co-producer of the song entered under their name.
- Only original songs are allowed, whether released or unreleased. No covers will be accepted as entries. ICMP welcome any genres or styles.
- Contestants may only submit one original song into the competition.
- No rights or permissions to use the tracks will be retained by ICMP or any of the other institutions involved.
- At the close of the competition, two entrants will be chosen by a panel of judges (professional producers from each institution) to win a full software Licence of IKmultimedia Total Studio 3 Max each (worth 600 Euros). No cash substitute will be permitted.
- The prizes won’t be able to be transferred to other people.
- The decisions of the Judging Panel will be final, and their process of decision-making will be based on the following criteria: originality, arrangement, top line, hooks and melodies.
- Competition entrants’ personal details will not be shared outside the organisations and used solely to contact the participants about the competition itself.
- ICMP reserves the right to withdraw the prize if the winner is in breach of the competition rules.