Last updated: 8th June 2022
ABOUT THIS NOTICE
This privacy notice explains how the Institute of Contemporary Performance (“ICMP”, "we", "our", "us") collects, uses, and shares your personal data, specifically your data regarding the booking of ICMP resources. This privacy notice concerns our processing of personal data of people who interact with ICMP ("you", "your").
ICMP is the data controller of your personal data and is subject to the UK’s General Data Protection Regulation 2021 (UK GDPR 2021).
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your personal data directly from you.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect the following types of personal data about you:
- your name, organisation, address, email address and telephone number.
We will ensure that all personal data you supply is held in accordance with the UK GDPR. We do not sell or otherwise transfer this personal data to any third parties unless this is permitted by law.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The purposes for which we may use personal data is:
- To provide a service
- To manage our events on campus in line with the expectations of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015
We may be required under certain circumstances to send some of the information we hold to the Government under the aforementioned Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015. For more information on this requirement for Higher Education Institutions please visit the relevant pages on the UK Gov website.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information is protected by us in a number of ways.
It is stored on computer systems that have been tested to make sure they are secure and which are kept up-to-date to protect them from viruses and hacking. Where we share your personal information with other organisations, we only ever do so using secure computer systems or encrypted email.
We store your personal information in the UK only.
Your information used by us can only be seen by staff who have been specifically trained to protect your privacy.
No information that could identify you will ever be published by us.
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT
For individuals booking resources your personal data will retained for a period of one year after your association with us has come to an end.
Under the UK GDPR you have the following rights:
- to obtain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- to require that we cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- to require us not to send you marketing communications.
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- to require us to erase your personal data;
- to require us to restrict our data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller;
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have any queries about this privacy notice, how we process your personal data or to request access to the personal data that we hold about you, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by email: email@example.com; by telephone: +44 020 8328 0222 or by post: Data Protection Officer, ICMP, 1B Dyne Road, Kilburn, London NW6 7XG.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner.
You can find out more about your rights under data protection legislation from the Information Commissioner's Office website available at: www.ico.org.uk.
If you would like more details about how we use and store your personal data, you can view our Data Protection policies on our Policies Page.