Tileyard Studios is the largest professional music community in the UK, with more than 70 state of the art music studios and 100 businesses that provide a home to a wide spectrum of companies working in music, film, television, fashion and creative new tech sectors. Artists and companies at Tileyard include Mark Ronson, Tynchy Stryder, The Prodigy, John Newman, Lily Allen, Notting Hill Music, Marathon Artists, Spitfire Audio, Musicgurus, The Ticket Fairy and many more.
ICMP’s exclusive partnership with Tileyard provides our students with unique opportunities to study in and engage with an immersive industry environment, building their networks amongst some of the music industry’s biggest names. It connects the real world of the music industry directly to our educational provision, providing a range of bespoke opportunities for the development of your careers.
A spacious, highly specified studio control room and a smaller production studio are connected to a well-stocked live room. These production facilities are complemented by three writing rooms, a lecture classroom and a state of the art iMac technology suite. You will also have access to mentoring programmes via Tileyard’s community of industry professionals.
With seating and desk space for 17 students, our lecture room provides students with a comfortable custom designed learning environment. The tutor iMac provides audio playback and is connect to a 60” LED screen via Apple TV.
A spacious sky-lit 20 seat technology suite provides every student with access to an iMac workstation loaded with Pro Tools, Logic Pro X and Ableton Live. The workstations are equipped with Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interfaces and Novation Launchkey Mini MIDI keyboards. 10 of the iMacs are complemented by Ableton’s Push 2 controller.
PRODUCTION BOOTH & WRITING ROOMS
A sound proof production booth and three acoustically treated, climate controlled writing rooms complement the main studio. The production booth has tie lines and a sightlines through to the live room. These rooms are specified with the following equipment:
- Apple iMac 21”
- Logic Pro X
- Pro Tools
- Ableton Live
- Novation Launchkey 49
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
- PSI A17-M Precision Near Field Monitors
- Ableton Push
Tileyard have created a stunning class leading recording facility comprising of a spacious control room and an adjoining live recording room. The control room also has tie lines into a production booth and the lecture room which can be used as additional recording spaces. With mood lighting throughout, all rooms are acoustically excellent and have been designed with education in mind. The spacious control room incorporates comfortable bespoke seating for up to 16 students.
The control room has been specified to the very highest of standards. This provides ICMP’s third year and post graduate students with the perfect environment to produce their final year projects and learn how a truly high end facility works and sounds.
- ADAM S5A Mk2 Active Studio Reference Monitor Speakers
- Yamaha NS10 Studio Monitor Speakers
- Avantone Mix Cube Monitor Speakers
- Crane Song HEDD 192 A/D/A Converter
- Crane Song AVOCET IIA Stereo Monitor Controller
- Apple Mac Pro Tower Desktop (Pro Tools HD, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live)
- 2 x API3124+ 4 channel Preamp
- 3 x Chandler TG-2 500 Pre Amplifier
- 6 x API 550B 4 Band Switchable Equalizer
- 7 x Heritage Audio '73 Junior API 500 Series Microphone Preamplifier Module
- Bettermaker EQ 232P
- 2 x Empirical Labs Distressor EL8-X Compressor
- Universal Audio 6176 Classic Limiting Amplifier
- Alan Smart C1 Dual Stereo Compressor
- Neve 8816 16-channel Summing mixer & 16-channel 8804 Fader Pack
- Hear Technologies Mix Back 16-channel Monitor Mixer
- Avid Pro Tools HD Native / 2 x Avid Pro Tools HD I/O
- Yamaha U3 Acoustic Piano
- Hammond EP200a
- Clavinet D6
- Vintage Synthesiser Collection Coming Soon!