With so many amazing successes, it’s hard to keep track of what ICMP students and graduates are achieving!
So we thought we’d help a little by highlighting a track each week from a selected ICMP artist who is already attracting industry attention and starting to make waves in the business, putting one of them under a Spotlight of our own.
ICMP SPOTLIGHT: 8th August 2017
'Final' - Wilsen
Why the track has been selected
Wilsen, featuring Higher Diploma alumna Tamsin Wilson, have recently had their single ‘Final’ selected as part of Music Week’s official playlist, which calls the track “a flawless advert for the comforting qualities of the Brooklyn trio’s debut I Go Missing In My Sleep”.
Their debut album, released by Secret City Records earlier in 2017, was premiered on Stereogum and was the perfect introduction to their dreamy folk pop. The release garnered plenty of critical acclaim, receiving praise from the likes of Drowned in Sound and DIY Magazine as well as being selected by Apple Music’s ’10 Albums of the Month’ for April. The track was also added to the ’New Music Friday’, ‘Indie Acoustic’, ‘Folk & Friends’ and ‘New Indie Mix’ Spotify playlists. You can watch the band's new video here.
Wilsen have previously played support slots for Matthew E. White and fellow ICMP graduates Daughter and recently completed a tour of the US and Canada as well as playing dates in the UK, Amsterdam and Paris this May. Now based in New York, they will be performing across the US and Canada later this year in support of their album. Check out the full list of tour dates below:
- 26th Aug – Montreal, Quebec – Toit D’Ubisoft
- 29th Aug – Millvale, Philadelphia – The Funhouse at Mr Smalls
- 30th Aug – Columbus, Ohio – Rumba Café
- 31st Aug- Chicago, Illinois – Beat Kitchen
- 1st Sep – Indianapolis, Indiana – The Hi-Fi
- 5th Sep – Denver, Colorado – Larimer Lounge
- 7th Sep – Boise, Indiana - The Olympic
- 9th Sep – Vancouver, British Columbia - Cobalt
- 11th Sep – Seattle, Washington – Sunset Tavern
- 12th Sep – Portland, Oregon – Bunk Bar
- 14th Sep – San Francisco – Café du Nord
- 15th Sep – Santa Cruz, California – Crepe Place
- 16th Sep – Los Angeles, California – Spaceland Block Party @ Row DTLA
- 18th Sep – Phoenix, Arizona – LBX
- 21st Sep – Austin, Texas – The Mohawk
- 22nd Sep – Dallas, Texas – RBC
- 25th Sep – Chapel Hill, North Carolina – Local 506
- 27th Sep – Richmond, Virginia – Camel
- 28th Sep – Washington DC – Songbyrd
- 20th Sep – Portland, Maine – Waking Windows
Connect with The Hub
If you're an ICMP student or graduate keep in touch, let us know what you're up to and how things are going at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, don't forget that our careers and industry liaison team at The Hub continue to be available to you after graduation, providing advice and connections to help further your career.
If you fancy having a look around, and finding out more about ICMP, then join us on our next Open Day or Backstage Pass Tour, book your place here.