Who should attend?
- Obviously this class is focused at drum students, but don’t forget that Thomas Lang is also a multi-instrumentalist, composer and record producer so there will be plenty for others to learn from .
- Thomas will talk about his style and career and more importantly, what YOU want to hear. So make sure you come ready to ask questions and get involved.
Why should you attend this class?
- An opportunity to see and learn from a world-renowned artist.
- Your chance to ask him your burning questions with regards to drumming or career experience.
- In his own words: The best don't rest! Come and pick my brains at the Institute on the 25th of March!
Thomas Lang is an Austrian drummer, multi-instrumentalist, composer and record producer. He is the founding member of the Los Angeles-based progressive/avant garde metal trio, stOrk. Lang took up drumming at age 5. In addition to lessons at local music schools and years of private tuition, he was classically trained at the Vienna Conservatory of Music. After leaving the conservatory in 1985, Lang began working professionally, making his way through the European pop, rock and jazz scenes.
As a session musician he has played for artists such as John Wetton, Robert Fripp, Glenn Hughes, Peter Gabriel, Asia, Tina Turner, Robbie Williams, Kelly Clarkson, Sugababes, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Victoria Beckham, Ronan Keating, Steve Hackett, 911, Boyzone, Falco, Nina Hagen, Steve Jones, Mick Jones, The Commodores, George Michael, Doogie White, B*Witched, Gianna Nannini, Lighthouse Family, Westlife, Kylie Minogue, The Blockheads, Paul Gilbert…..the list goes on.
In 1995 Lang released his debut solo project, Mediator, which topped the charts in Europe and garnered positive reviews. He has toured the world many times as a solo artist and headlined every major international drum festival. As an educator, Thomas has shared his techniques through Instructional videos, guest lectures/masterclasses and his ‘Drumming Bootcamps’, which have become successful worldwide.
To register email email@example.com with your name and course details. Or click on the ‘Book This Event’ button above.