The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance is proud to be hosting a one-day symposium on 30th July, on the subject of The Sacred in Popular Music.
It will be a day of discussion and debate, with topics including:
• Role of religion in lives of artists within the popular music genre
• The incorporation of popular music in sacred ceremonies
• Religious metaphor in popular music
• Incorporation of religion within popular music practice
• Fandom as a form of worship
• Divinity and rock stardom (rock stars’ homes as sites of pilgrimage, etc)
• Pop memorabilia as holy relics
The event is absolutely free, and registration is at 9am. For more info, email email@example.com.