Join experienced British concert and recording artist Mary Carewe for a in interactive lesson in vocal techniques for the recording studio.
The class will cover:
- The way a mic responds to distance
- Consonants - how to cheat the 't's, 'c's, 'p's and 's's etc
- Fading out long notes
- Headphone balance - what to ask for.
- Tricks for making sure you are in tune/in time and not over singing.
- Making sure first note you sing is in tune/right sound
- 'Dropping in' - how to help make a lead vocal sound as if it's all recorded in one take.
- How to change the attitude/sound if something isn't working for the producer.
Mary is known for her powerful expressive vocals and engaging stage presence. Her appearances include 'The Music of James Bond at New York's Carnegie Hall, The Best of Broadway at London's Royal Albert Hall and La View En Rose at Birmingham's Symohony Hall. She has also performed at Berlin's Philarmonie, Theatre Du Chatelet in Paris and London's Royal Festival Hall.
She has toured the world performing thrilling cabaret and is equally in great demand as a recording artist.
We are running five 45min sessions each holding 10 people; book your preferred time slot now to avoid disappointment!