Institute Masterclasses are exclusive to Institute Students.
Who should attend?
- For all styles of singer or those interested in the voice. Those wanting to try out and learn about a new innovative vocal approach that enables singers to produce ALL sounds in a healthy way.
- Those searching new tools to help produce the sound they desire and to understand the voice.
Key subject areas that will be covered
- What is support and twang, avoiding protruding the jaw and tightening the lips.
- The four vocal modes explained and demonstrated with chance for all to try them out.
- Sound colour and vocal effects briefly explained. e.g distortion, growling.
Why a student should not miss this class
- This will be a great chance to experience how the technique works in practise and see how quickly results can be achieved when given the right tools to work with.
- lt is also an opportunity to learn how to separate the different elements of the voice in order to manipulate and create the sound we want, using tricks and tools that can be took home and applied or practiced straight away.
Julie is an English singer, songwriter and vocal coach. She has been living and working in Germany for the last 9 years. During the last 15 years she has worked with many different producers and musicians from all over the world recording, songwriting and performing. Her most current project is the band ‘I Call Elly’ www.icallelly.com as singer, songwriter.
Julie’s passion for vocal coaching lead her to become an authorised CVT Teacher having completed a 3 year diploma at the Complete Vocal Institute www.completevocaltechnique.com (founded by one of the worlds leading vocal researcher and coach Catherine Sadolin) in Copenhagen.
In addition to her authorisation she has 8 years vocal coaching experience, preparing and working with a range of solo artists and bands for and during studio recording sessions and live tours. Julie can aid singers in emergency situations such as stress related voice loss or throat tension and is presenting CVT (Complete Vocal Technique) workshops or giving masterclasses throughout Europe. She is also currently preparing music students for their final singing exams at the Justus Liebig University in Germany.
‘I believe that given the right tools anybody can reach their full singing potential.
Yeah of course it can be hard work to reach your personal goal but it should still be fun along the way! And I just love being on that individual journey of development with someone, it’s real connection!’
A few references:
Blue-Chip Media (Coca cola, BMW) Bad Paris – Producer/songwriter (Sony) CyberSultra (Strictly Rhythm) Doug Laurent - DJ Producer (World2Media) Henning Pauly - Producer (ProgRock records) Mario Götzenberger Producer (Superstar, Universal,Island, Rhino Records, Bootcamp)